No announcement yet.

Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll take tacky yard art over a constantly-barking dog or a drug dealer any day. If you look away from it, it's no longer bothering you.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Old Neighborhood: (In a fairly nice trailer park) Had drug house a few houses down from mine. Judging from the cars, they had a fairly lucrative business going. It pretty much came to a screeching halt, when the Sheriff Deputy who lived next door to them, starting bringing his cruiser home, and parking it out front.
      Last edited by drunkenwildmage; 09-18-2015, 04:41 PM. Reason: Clarification.
      Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Smooth move dealing drugs out of a residence next door to where a cop lives. Must have been sampling their own stash.
        Last edited by wolfie; 09-18-2015, 08:36 PM. Reason: Fixed to account for other poster's correction.

Comment

Corrected
          Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY STOP SLAMMING THE DOOR AT 11:00 pm!!! You're the one with kids that need to sleep at night! What is wrong with you people??
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

The guy next to us has a hobby / side business tuning street cars and motorbikes for his friends. This involves hours of idling engines and occasionally stinky exhaust fumes.

It's getting warmer (Southern Hemisphere) so last week he started again after a blissful few months of peace...

Comment

Quoth Valentinian View Post
                The guy next to us has a hobby / side business tuning street cars and motorbikes for his friends. This involves hours of idling engines and occasionally stinky exhaust fumes.
                Hobbies you can't do much about, but if it's also a side business there are a few cards you can play. Presumably you live in an area zoned residential. You might want to check with the zoning people whether it's an allowable use of the property (most likely it isn't if he's doing anything commercial - a web developer working from home would also not be an allowable use, but they don't disturb anyone so they'd "fly under the radar"). Also, is he paying taxes on the income from his side business? The Aussie equivalent of the IRS/CRA would be interested in knowing that he's moonlighting.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  Hobbies you can't do much about, but if it's also a side business there are a few cards you can play. Presumably you live in an area zoned residential. You might want to check with the zoning people whether it's an allowable use of the property (most likely it isn't if he's doing anything commercial - a web developer working from home would also not be an allowable use, but they don't disturb anyone so they'd "fly under the radar"). Also, is he paying taxes on the income from his side business? The Aussie equivalent of the IRS/CRA would be interested in knowing that he's moonlighting.
                  Eh, over here it's actually pretty easy to run your business from home - as long as you meet a few criteria (which I'm pretty sure boil down to "don't be obtrusive or dangerous") you don't even need formal approval. Your web developer example would be just fine. ...That said, what my neighbour's doing would need formal approval. No idea whether he's got it, though, and if he is doing it as a pure hobby or is taking informal barter payments ("Sure, I'll install your new muffler for a slab of beer!") that's moot anyway. Le sigh.

If it gets really bad we'll talk to him about it... again.

Comment

The Warts have a garbage bag sitting outside again. On the ground. Maybe 10 feet from the garbage can. Why? Because they're too damn lazy to walk those ten feet. But if a rat turns up, they'll blame it on someone else, likely us. F*cking idiots.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I just moved into my brand spanking new condo and already, I've had an issue... le sigh.

The parking stalls are CRAMPED. The designers put in a nice green space in the parking lot, which looks pretty but makes parking even worse because you can't swing out properly. The guy next to me parked over his line, into my spot. Then someone else parked reasonably well on the spot on the other side of mine. I drive an SUV, I literally could not get into my spot.

Sigh. Even if they'd both been parked well, though, I would have been reversing and playing around to get my car in. I think I need to sell it and get a smaller car. I just replaced the transmission too. 7k down the drain...

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
                        ... I drive an SUV...
                        It has 4WD so you can surmount life's little obstacles...
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
                          The current occupants have a mailbox that looks like a big mouth bass.
                          It looks like the fish people are moving. The fish is gone, and my mother and I saw contractors working on the house.
                          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                            The Warts have a garbage bag sitting outside again. On the ground. Maybe 10 feet from the garbage can. Why? Because they're too damn lazy to walk those ten feet. But if a rat turns up, they'll blame it on someone else, likely us. F*cking idiots.
                            When my parents bought what is my mother's house, Mr. L (the former owner) had a metal shed that was piled high with garbage. Our new neighbors were happy when we had the garbage hauled off the property since it was attracting rats.

We ended up feeding the cats that the rats attracted.
                            This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
                              I just replaced the transmission too. 7k down the drain...
                              Wow! Earlier this year I had my transmission replaced(same time as I got the new engine - figured it was due pretty soon), and it was around 7k. Of course, it was a Fuller-Eaton 13 speed able to handle 1600 foot pounds of torque. Why would the transmission for a light duty vehicle cost that much?

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                                Wow! Earlier this year I had my transmission replaced(same time as I got the new engine - figured it was due pretty soon), and it was around 7k. Of course, it was a Fuller-Eaton 13 speed able to handle 1600 foot pounds of torque. Why would the transmission for a light duty vehicle cost that much?
                                I'm Canadian so, to be fair, that's CDN. Leaving that aside it's a Nissan Pathfinder, 50k brand new. They also had to do something else to it... something about a defect, fluid was getting into the transmission and eating away at it for a decade. That'll never happen again. Yay?

Comment

Working...
                                X