No announcement yet.

Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Canuck, so my prices are in Canadian dollars too. Hard to believe that a transmission for a light-duty vehicle would cost as much as one for a highway tractor.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      Another Canuck, so my prices are in Canadian dollars too. Hard to believe that a transmission for a light-duty vehicle would cost as much as one for a highway tractor.
      Got me. I just googled it, though, and coolant fluid got into the transmission. Known defect, but the Nissan dealership didn't mention it at all. I had the damn thing in for an oil change just two days before the transmission popped. All they told me was the fluid was dirty. >< However, I found other posts... one from a guy complaining about paying 7k USD for his transmission. So that's really the going price.

Comment

Sounds like the transmission cooler went bad - it's the only place where coolant and transmission fluid can get together.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          Sounds like the transmission cooler went bad - it's the only place where coolant and transmission fluid can get together.
          Yeah, and it's a known problem with that year of Nissan.

You made me wonder so I actually checked the receipt... I forgot the other stuff that was in that 7k. The transmission cost me 5k, the tires were 1k and the miscellaneous other crap the dealership charged me TWO DAYS before the transmission blew was another 1k. SIGH...

Comment

A known defect and they haven't recalled it?? Well, if it's non-accident causing, they probably wouldn't, but they should at least have offered a massive discount/done it for free (because it's literally their company's fault). It's not like an experienced dealer would have a legitimate excuse not to have access to that information.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              A known defect and they haven't recalled it?? Well, if it's non-accident causing, they probably wouldn't, but they should at least have offered a massive discount/done it for free (because it's literally their company's fault). It's not like an experienced dealer would have a legitimate excuse not to have access to that information.
              There is a credit but I didn't get it done at the dealership... I was super pissed at them over the 1k of work and the tranny popped two days later. And from what I've read online, it wouldn't have mattered... the car needs to be under a certain mileage to qualify. Mine was way up there.

Comment

Stop shining that stupid laser pointer at other people's windows. Shouldn't you be in bed? Do you even go to school? I've seen you barreling over the wall of your porch to get in/out of the apartment during school hours. I guess that's better than slamming the door like you usually do. Where are your parents?

Jack T. Chance said "Uh-oh. Next thing you know, he'll shine it on a passing aircraft and become a Federal Criminal."

Last edited by Food Lady; 09-28-2015, 02:07 AM.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

You have a lovely porch with all kinds of plants and trees (have to give you credit for that) but you choose to sit on the stairs, blocking the walking path.

Comment

I want to rip the stereos out of several of my neighbors' cars. Seriously, why do so many people think the entire world wants to hear their music? And why is it always rap or hip-hop? There is absolutely no reason I should be able to hear your stereo from inside my house with the windows closed at any time of day, let alone at 12:48 am as I did the other day, or at 8 am as I did a few weeks ago...and that guy doesn't even live here. His kid does, and he parks his car in the roadway and leaves it running with the stereo at top volume while he comes upstairs to get her.

Assholes.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Another annoying tendency among rap fans: blaring their "music" on portable speakers or cell phones while walking or in stores so that everyone around them has to listen to THEIR selection.
                      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Oh, and I just experienced the loud music thing earlier, though it was some guy across the street. No one is impressed by his ability to overspend on speakers. Just the opposite, actually--if he spends a lot on the unnecessary, I'm not interested.

Comment

We had the one family in our apartment complex in CT who let their 4-year-old son run around the communal yard completely in the nude all summer long and pee wherever he felt like. They pitched a fit when another neighbor brought it to the attention of the university housing office (in charge of the complex) and the parents got in trouble. But they at least started putting underpants on their son and keeping him from urinating in the communal play area, which is really all the rest of us were asking for in the first place.

At our last place (apartment complex in NY), we didn't have any real complaints ourselves (well, except for the neighbor who ignored the "no hanging laundry outside" rule and draped their freshly-washed clothes on a rope line, a folding laundry rack, and every tree stump they could find). However we had a noise complaint called in against us by our downstairs neighbors. Apparently our children "ran around at all hours of the night," and we didn't find out until the management office told us about the complaint. At which point we explained that our girls were in bed by 8pm (quiet hours started at 10pm), and my husband and I walked as quietly as we could, so we had no idea what the downstairs neighbors were talking about. Thankfully nothing came of the complaint.

Now we're in our own house in a nice neighborhood with no real gripes, other than perhaps a slightly overzealous neighborhood watch (discussing in e-mail chains every tiny slightly suspicious detail, even when it turns out to be just another neighbor going about their business; I'm still waiting for a complaint to show up about me waiting at the street corner for my girls' school bus) and slightly overzealous dogs in the lot bordering our back fence (but their owners are nice and apologetic about the barking). The houses date to the 70's, and LOTS of original owners are still in the area, so it's rather quiet.
                          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Go have your discussion in the living room. I shouldn't be hearing you in my bedroom at 2:00 am. No wonder I wake up in the middle of the night.

Comment

The walls in these flats are not that thin I should not be able to hear you having a conversion Loudmouth and the less said about your 'singing' the better
                              Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

My upstairs neighbors are some serious thumpers. Really, aren't these buildings made of concrete? I'm impressed at the noise but not in a good way. And it's really irritating at midnight, when I'm trying to sleep.

On the plus side, everyone winds up their parties by 11 PM. So at least music is never a problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X