Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, no offense, but you are a professional, and you acted like an amateur. Why would you order parts and not get at least a deposit to cover that? The woman is a thief, but you enabled her theft. Ordering parts for a friend isn't even something I'd do anymore. People get greedy and stupid. I know someone who operates a thriving repair business. They SUCK, but the have a good location and they work cheap. Works for them. Sorry that you had to close your doors, but it seems like you had some bad practices if you get caught in a newbie situation like that.

Comment

Well one good things is that you have her hard drive. You could remind her of that. I mean its a security risk I mean her documents, saved favorites, photos, dowloaded movies, music, applications, product keys, emails ect ect. She probably should pay the bill in order to get all that back.

(In other words... this is how all those candid nudie homemade pictures appear on the web)
      "Wow, that has to be the best genital analogy EVER. "

Comment

I'm in the same line of business, and I generally require that parts for custom builds be paid in full before any ordering is done. Labor is billed after the fact (usually net 30), but if you want a custom build, you cough up the gold first.

There's no way I'm ordering a 9800gtx out of pocket only for a client to turn around and want a Radeon instead of Nvidia.

Comment

Working...
        X