This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Rev those engines louder. I can't hear how small your dicks are." -J2K

We had a fairly large biker group stay at our hotel last night. They were kind of obnoxious. Started attacking breakfast right at 6. Not sucky, just stressful keeping up. Then as I was getting ready to go, there was a group of 3 or 4 of them right outside with their engines running for at least 5 minutes. In idle, they were loud enough, but for what ever reason, they periodically revved them. At 6:30 in the morning! People are still sleeping for crying out loud!
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

I saw the OP title and I grinned.

Then I cringed as I read the OP itself. Seriously, that's just plain damn rude.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

The leaving the bikes running for 5 minutes thing was probably letting the bikes warm up first. I try to do that when I can. Of course I have a 250 Rebel so at most it sounds like a really butch sewing machine and is still fairly quiet Given the large number of them and the time of morning they definitely could have been more considerate about maybe not all doing it at once and not revving their engines like that.
      "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

What's sad is that the 3 with small dicks were making the whole group look bad and reinforcing the stereotype.

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
          What's sad is that the 3 with small dicks were making the whole group look bad and reinforcing the stereotype.
          What stereo type? Sony? Panasonic? Hi-Fi?

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
            I've got to stop checking this site while I drink my morning coffee.

Note to self - add cleaning monitor to today's chore list.

Madness takes it's toll....
            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
              Realistic!
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

This sounds like Memorial Day Bike Week -- loud, annoying bikers on their Booty Bikes for a week. Lovely time.
                Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
                  This sounds like Memorial Day Bike Week -- loud, annoying bikers on their Booty Bikes for a week.
                  Sounds like April 1 to November in the neighborhood I work. Several assholes insist on revving their engines every time they pass our building. We also have to deal with the douchebags who install fart cans on their shitbox economy cars. Sorry assholes, there's a huge difference between "powerful" and "fucking irritating." And this is coming from a guy who has a car with a loud exhaust. Not because I *modified* it, but that's how the cars were originally. If I was going to mess with the exhaust, trust me, I'd find a way to make it quieter. Lessen the possible unwanted attention from police, in other words--even at 25mph, the car sounds like it's doing double that!
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
                    This sounds like Memorial Day Bike Week -- loud, annoying bikers on their Booty Bikes for a week. Lovely time.
                    Yeah, Rolling Thunder is one of those gatherings in DC. Bikers gather in the parking lots of the Pentagon, then ride through the streets of the city before attending Memorial Day events to pay their respects to the fallen.

I'd momentarily forgotten about it until yesterday, when I saw a few bikers drive past, and it popped back up.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                      Realistic!
                      I have to say I thought that post was you. You and Estil apparently share a brain.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
                        Frankly the best sounding stereo I've ever had so far has been a late 70's Fisher Studio-Standard (and yes, I do have one.)

Back on topic, they had to be compensating for something as loud and obnoxious as they were reported as being.

Usually, I'm up around 5 so if it happened outside my house at 6, it wouldn't have bothered me so much.

Now if it were on a day off, when I'm trying to sleep in . . .whole other kettle of fish.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                          Back on topic, they had to be compensating for something as loud and obnoxious as they were reported as being.
                          A common excuse is that "loud pipes save lives." Uh, no they don't. All they do, is annoy the ever living *fuck* out of other drivers. There's no reason to be revving your engine at every traffic light and stop sign. All you're doing, is saying "look at me, look at me!" When I hear someone doing that, I think "what a douche."
                          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                            A common excuse is that "loud pipes save lives." Uh, no they don't. All they do, is annoy the ever living *fuck* out of other drivers. There's no reason to be revving your engine at every traffic light and stop sign. All you're doing, is saying "look at me, look at me!" When I hear someone doing that, I think "what a douche."
                            Another thing I think of when I hear those loud pipes is "I've seen better sounding vehicles sitting in junkyards."

Because to me, that's what they are: rolling junkyards most of the time. Just like those young guys who take these older vehicles that should have been scrapped long ago and pimp them up, slap on some wild paint and put the big tires on them - and don't forget the sound system that's worth more than the car.

Yep . . . . classic case of more money than brains.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                              and don't forget the sound system that's worth more than the car.
                              ...Or the Go Faster Stripes. Gotta have those.
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                              X