Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My coworker is about to be fired for DRINKING BEER ON THE JOB!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth elsporko View Post
    Put me down as confused as to why he was in an employee area of a place he doesn't work.
    Because that was part of his stupid prank, I guess.

I work at a clearance swamp store. I can go into its backroom when I'm working. That doesn't mean I can go in there when I'm not working. Nor could I go around to other clearance swamp stores and walk into their backrooms and employee-only areas.

Not only is there the risk of me being injured and the store's insurance telling the store to go screw, but there's also the risk of theft.

I'm with tollbaby. If he wouldn't have identified himself as an employee of the store, or had been identified as such, he'd have just been told to leave and the situation would've played itself out.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Wait, it wasn't even the theater he worked at and he was on vacation? I am surprised he didn't get accused of stealing or attempting to steal. Most theaters have issues when people in street clothes try to pour themselves a drink.

Comment

So if a customer walks into our storeroom we can fire them from their job? cool
        If for any reason you're not satisfied with our service, I hate you.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          As for his military plans--he should've thought about that before he decided to be an idiot and pretend to drink beer underage. If the Marines find out about that, and I bet they will, they won't want to touch somebody who shows poor judgment like that.
          There are plenty of gang bangers and the like who are in the military because it was either join the miltary or go to jail so i hardly think his getting fired for fake beer drinking will impact his miltary career.

Comment

Quoth Iced Coffee Man View Post
            So if a customer walks into our storeroom we can fire them from their job? cool
            The issue is that he walked into an employee-area in a theater owned by the theater-company he worked for but not the one he was employed at and then poured himself an alcoholic drink when he was underage. Our store has a policy where employees dressed in plain clothes cannot gain access to the stockroom with the exception of checking schedules and could be fired. I think we would have flipped if someone from a different store on vacation came in to our stock room because we stock it differently or something. Plus a district manager saw him pour the beer.

If he had kept his mouth shut, then he probably would have been ejected from the theater.

Comment

Working...
            X