Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When my sister was about 8 months pregnant with her daughter, her almost 2 year old boy walked in on her after a shower.

He looked her up and down and said, "Mommy...I fink you have a lot more skin than me."
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

When my cousin was, oh, 6 or so, my dad had a Chevrolet truck, with the name across the back. Cousin walked over to it and read it phonetically, with the T at the end. My mom told him it's pronounced 'chev-ro-lay', and he walked over to the truck and rubbed at the T like he was erasing it, then announced he had fixed it.
      NPCing: the ancient art of acting out your multiple personality disorder in a setting where someone else might think there's nothing wrong with you.

Comment

A cute story about my big brother, passed down from my parents: They were driving around town one day, getting groceries. Brother was in the back seat, looking around in awe as little kids do. He saw a nice muscle car, with, as the trend was back in those days, the rear end raised up, and got excited. "Look, Mommy!" Brother exclaimed, gasping, "He's got his rear end jacked off real nice!" Mom submitted that to a magazine, and I think got money or a prize or some sort for it. To this day, Dad tells the story to my nieces & nephews!
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

My younger sister was three when this happened:
          My family and granparents were at a restaurant and were seated next to this other family. The other family was loud, rude, had kids running wild, etc. My sister got fed up with this family and shouted at the very top of her lungs, "SHUT UP!" The entire restaurant grew quiet. Grandpa snorted and said, "Well, somebody had to say it."
          "But I don't want to be among mad people."
          You can't help that. We're all mad here. Every fucking one of us.

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
            Here's an awesome one that made me crack up:

In the lobby of the hotel, Guest is checking out, and her 7 year-old daughter observes: "Fat people need to learn that wearing skinny jeans don't make you skinny, they make you look even fatter."
            In defense of young fat women EVERYWHERE I for one WISH they didn't make skinny jeans. I can't find regular jeans in my size because if you're young you have to dress in style. Even if that style doesn't agree with your figure. I'd kill for a pair of comfy fitting super-wide leg jeans from my youth.

Comment

My favourite: my parents were self-employed, and we're Canadian, and my brother was about six when he saw his first fifty-dollar bill. The fifty has a picture of our WWII-era prime minster, William Lyon Mackenzie King.

My brother looked at it and said (keep in mind this would have been about 1990, and this six-year-old boy was fascinated by the war on the news) "Is that Norman Schwartzkopf?"

Dad said, "He's American, he wouldn't be on Canadian money."

My brother then said, "Then it must be Don Cherry."

---

Also: searssoulslave, try the store that is named after an antique military division consisting of ships. They have a few different styles of jeans, including bootcut and wide leg, and their sizes go up to some decent two-digit numbers.

Comment

For my daughter's 8th birthday my sister gave her a Strawberry Shortcake record that we had enjoyed as kids. My daughter unwrapped it, took the vinyl ablum out of its sleeve and said "Look Mom a big CD!"

Comment

Set your own style. I won't be caught dead in skinny jeans, and it does really make it harder to find clothes, but I still find them. And when I do, they don't make children point and laugh.

Comment

JazzyBee had her cousin, Little B, visiting the other day. I was watching them run around the lounge, each with a Ben 10 action figure, when I realised that every time Little B made his action figure jump from somewhere he said: "Like a BOSS!".
                    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Working...
                    X