Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I've read, UT was definitely losing sunday night. Except, only like 5 people knew that because they wanted the whole stunned silence reaction.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      There was an article I stumbled across somewhere that claimed that Lesnar's job is now actually in jeopardy for going off-script just to be an ass or whatever, but I couldn't find anything to back it up
      Yeah, I actually did find a link to that. I found the site to be questionable. I think it's supposed to be a satire site, but I'm not sure.

I'm actually more inclined to believe the 'Taker told him to do it, myself.
      True, but I think that happened before the match, not during. How long before, I don't know.

I'm reading now, though, that because of Taker's concussion, that Lesnar had to do most of the "carrying" in that match. I don't know how true that is.

I did manage to sneak a peek at the match on YouTube before the Stamford guys have it pulled, and it looks at some points like Taker really is out on his feet. That, and they really did have to set it up so that Brock (even being a part timer) could dominate.

Was this the proverbial "passing of the torch", somewhat like Hogan/Andre at WM3?

I know what I'm getting when I watch rasslin', just as I do when I watch a drama show. As long as the end result is good, and the people providing the entertainment know what they're doing, I'm satisfied.
      There's an interesting story I heard once involving Vince McMahon and Ted Turner. I think it was back when Ted Turner had just purchased (or started) WCW. Turner told McMahon "I'm in the Wrestling Business". McMahon replied, "That's great, Ted. I'm in the 'Sports Entertainment' business."

And that's basically what Pro Wrestling is now...even Puroresu in Japan. It's "sports entertainment". Heck, even when The Rock was wrestling, he would say he was "The most electrifying man in sports entertainment!"

As an adult, the match I recall marking out to the most was Undertaker vs Randy Orton.

I've often wondered if there are any in-ring or post match locker room apologies ("Dude...I didn't mean to throw you into the rail that hard...") after matches.

I recall one match (I actually enjoyed it, but a lot of folks said Jeff Hardy phoned it in) that was Taker (as the ABA) versus Jeff Hardy. Ladder Match. I know the ending was scripted, and Jeff Hardy was thrown around in that match like a rag doll. There's a point after the match is over where Hardy "earns respect" from Taker, and you can clearly see Taker say something like, "You're a tough son of a b***h" to Jeff.

I kinda marked out for that, too. Especially when Jeff was this close || to grabbing the belt, and Jim Ross screaming "DO IT KID!! MAKE YOURSELF FAMOUS!!!" Until Undertaker chokeslammed Hardy off the ladder.

In fact, here's a link to it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_ANV_KiB9Q
      Last edited by mjr; 04-09-2014, 11:35 AM.
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
        I've often wondered if there are any in-ring or post match locker room apologies ("Dude...I didn't mean to throw you into the rail that hard...") after matches.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGGYCF1mhqQ - 3:11 should answer that

Edit: Which, interestingly enough, is a link in that Cracked article too. Well whoda thunk it...
        Last edited by KhirasHY; 04-09-2014, 12:24 PM.
        "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
        "What IS fun to fight through?"
        "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Working...
        X