Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > General Work Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 10:17 PM
Bagger

One thing as a state employee I would require is that all vacation and sick time that should have accrued during your termination be added to your balance. You shouldn't start back with zero, if you had been working for a year you would have built up a balance, that should exist. It sounds like you have everything else on lock, but I would still insist on a clause that the guy who had you fired can never have any position in the org chart over you.

The only other thing I have to say is congrats.

Old 02-23-2016, 03:23 PM
Seasonal Tax Preparer

Any updates that you can post, silverstaff?

Who is John Galt?
-Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Old 02-26-2016, 06:39 PM
Front End Supervisor

Quote:
Quoth taxguykarl View Post
Any updates that you can post, silverstaff?
Still waiting on the call to go sign the final papers.

However, I did just get a text from a former co-worker. Apparently word of the settlement must have reached my former boss this morning. She overheard him in the hall, rather upset, griping to my former supervisor that I was getting my job back. He was clearly not happy about it, he was apparently on the edge of a tantrum at the news.

He said it within earshot of a good chunk of the office, which got people talking. Then one of my co-workers that I was on pretty good terms with messaged me about an hour and a half ago and relayed the above news and asking if I was getting my job back.

Old 02-26-2016, 07:47 PM
Chairman of the Board

Hope things go well for you!

Former boss is mouthing off where others can hear? Considering he's probably one of the most hated people there to his superiors (who he dragged through the mud with him) one would think he'd try and fly under the radar for awhile.

Hopefully this will translate into Professional Darwinism for former boss very soon...

Old 02-26-2016, 11:16 PM
Bookkeeper

Quote:
Quoth silverstaff View Post
Still waiting on the call to go sign the final papers.

However, I did just get a text from a former co-worker. Apparently word of the settlement must have reached my former boss this morning. She overheard him in the hall, rather upset, griping to my former supervisor that I was getting my job back. He was clearly not happy about it, he was apparently on the edge of a tantrum at the news.

He said it within earshot of a good chunk of the office, which got people talking. Then one of my co-workers that I was on pretty good terms with messaged me about an hour and a half ago and relayed the above news and asking if I was getting my job back.
Worries me a bit that your former boss has so little maturity and self-control, based on your line of work. OTOH, looks like he's digging that smoking crater for his career steadily deeper.

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Old 02-27-2016, 01:50 AM
doing other people's jobs....

Oh geeze... This would get me worried that he might try something sleezy and underhanded

Old 02-27-2016, 03:37 AM
Bookkeeper

I'd say that's more of a "will" than a "might", considering history.

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Old 02-27-2016, 09:56 AM
Front End Supervisor

Quote:
Quoth Seanette View Post
I'd say that's more of a "will" than a "might", considering history.
Well, since the decision to settle and reinstate me was made WELL above his head, including at least the Director (who knows what shenanigans he pulled) I'd say that he'd have no real ability to stop the reinstatement.

. . .and this is almost certainly why they are moving me to another office, which is something I had requested in the first place.

. . .and I'll be going back with Merit status, meaning there's jack-all he can do to fire me, because any termination of me after this would have to go back to the same Board which is going to order my reinstatement, there isn't a whole lot he can do about it. Especially since the superiors know what he did and aren't pleased. He probably got his ass chewed out over this, not the least of which is that the back pay I'm due in the settlement will be pushing $30k by the time it's all said and done, so they probably told him his screw-up is costing them that much money.

That's probably a lot of why he's upset: he wants to get rid of me, but can't, and is in trouble over it all and has had it explained to him how much money his screwup is costing the agency.

Old 02-27-2016, 02:20 PM
Chairman of the Board

Quote:
Quoth silverstaff View Post
That's probably a lot of why he's upset: he wants to get rid of me, but can't, and is in trouble over it all and has had it explained to him how much money his screwup is costing the agency.
You know it's only the fact he's a government employee that keeps him from being shown the door, which is the fate he truly deserves.

Still, hopefully this prevents him from getting any further promotions and sets him up for early termination if he screws up again...

Old 02-27-2016, 02:34 PM
I need a life

Quote:
Quoth eltf177 View Post
You know it's only the fact he's a government employee that keeps him from being shown the door, which is the fate he truly deserves.
Do you mean "shown the door" in the same manner that Big Beef McAfree was shown the door at Callahan's?