This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want my chicken NOW

My dad saw this at KFC. He was waiting for our chicken to cook when this woman walks in and says "I'm here to pick up my chicken up, my name is Mrs. Whatever." The clerk, who is a spunky teenage girl, says "Okay, we'll have the chicken ready in about ten minutes." This woman goes

Woman: I called this in from work an hour ago. Why isn't it ready?
    Girl: Well, we didn't want it to get soggy so we decided to wait until you got here, and all our chicken got sold in the meantime.
    Woman: YOU GAVE AWAY MY CHICKEN?
    Girl: We're making your chicken right now.
    Woman: I want it right now. Give it to me right now!
    Girl: We're cooking it, but we'll have it for you in...*checks clock* nine minutes.
    Woman: I want it NOW.
    Girl: I can get you the manager.
    The manager comes out and tells the woman the exact same thing.
    Woman: I'm calling my husband.
    She calls her husband on her cell and yells at him for a while, then says
    Woman: I can't talk about this anymore. You talk to him!

She gives the phone to the manager, and he talks to the husband for a while. Finally they decide to give her extra large fries for free, although my dad said he wouldn't have given her a damn thing. The chicken finally comes out and she asks for a small gravy and a small popcorn chicken for the kids. They give her the total and she's like

Woman: Why is this so high?
    Girl: The popcorn chicken is 4.99.
    Woman: You mean this isn't free?
    Girl: No, but we gave you the gravy for free.
    Woman pays, says "Bye!" and leaves.
    My dad gets his food and the manager jokes about how they get these people all the time.
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

I could see that being bad service if the order was supposed to be picked up at a specific time.

The KFC by me is always out of chicken. They seriously don't cook any food until you order it. That means that you're waiting 10 minutes in the drive-through, more if there are people in line in front of you!

They tried to have a lunch buffet, but it failed miserably. Why? Because they didn't put any chicken out. They seriously thought it was okay to make you come back to the counter and wait 10 more minutes every time you wanted another piece of chicken.

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
      I could see that being bad service if the order was supposed to be picked up at a specific time.

The KFC by me is always out of chicken. They seriously don't cook any food until you order it. That means that you're waiting 10 minutes in the drive-through, more if there are people in line in front of you!

They tried to have a lunch buffet, but it failed miserably. Why? Because they didn't put any chicken out. They seriously thought it was okay to make you come back to the counter and wait 10 more minutes every time you wanted another piece of chicken.
      I agree except that the counter girl had a point- who wants soggy chicken? KFC only has a short period of time before it becomes inedible. Also, the woman was 20 minutes later than she was supposed to be. I forgot to mention that. Finally, she was pretty dumb for demanding her chicken that very moment- like they're going to pull it out of the fryer half raw. But I do agree that there's no point in calling ahead if it's not going to be ready, but you have to be on time.
      -Helen Keller

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
        I agree except that the counter girl had a point- who wants soggy chicken? KFC only has a short period of time before it becomes inedible.
        per the Missouri health inspector, from my days in fast food chicken, longest we could have cooked chicken sitting under the warming lights was 20-30 minutes. after that the bacteria levels start to skyrocket.
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I would've also said that it would be frustrating to get there only to find out you've got a longer wait for your food because it wasn't ready for you. Unless, of course, you didn't have a set pick-up time (how are they supposed to know you're going to be there right then?), or, as with the lady in the OP, you're ridiculously late for your set pick-up time. She doesn't have a leg to stand on after that.

Mmm...KFC....
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I wasn't even aware that KFC did call ahead and pickup service like this. I can understand her problem (not her suckiness though) if she came in at the exact time she said, but otherwise I'd much rather have freshly made chicken.

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
              Woman: I want it NOW.
              I doubt she would have wanted it in the condition it was in "NOW", i.e. half-cooked. I was given a chicked filet sandwich once that was still raw in the middle, and I can say it's pretty nasty.

As for KFC, I don't eat there often, but I certainly don't expect it to be ready the instant I order. In fact, one time my son and I got some at the drive-thru and had to wait for them to put down a fresh batch. We had to park and wait for a good 20 minutes or so, but they gave us each a free soda, and when they brought the food out to us, they also threw in a free cake.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Wow, another one who pulls the "husband" card.

Really, do you really think it will make people cave and buckle if your husband talks to them?
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                  per the Missouri health inspector, from my days in fast food chicken, longest we could have cooked chicken sitting under the warming lights was 20-30 minutes. after that the bacteria levels start to skyrocket.
                  Really? I'll not go into further detail of my Hardee's fried chicken days, then. The more you know.
                  A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                    Wow, another one who pulls the "husband" card.

Really, do you really think it will make people cave and buckle if your husband talks to them?
                    Well, with my husband they do. He has a boomy (can be scary) voice. We save that for when someone's trying to take advantage or pull something illegal. We don't use the big voice for chicken.
                    The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

My voice has been known to back people down, especially when I am angry. However, it's only been used for the forces of good..and against SC's. I for one am sort of glad KFC doesn't put chicken under heat lamps. *shudders*..if it is not hot and fresh..I do not want it. At all.
                      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                        My voice has been known to back people down, especially when I am angry. However, it's only been used for the forces of good..and against SC's. I for one am sort of glad KFC doesn't put chicken under heat lamps. *shudders*..if it is not hot and fresh..I do not want it. At all.
                        So you dont eat fast food at all?

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                          I doubt she would have wanted it in the condition it was in "NOW", i.e. half-cooked. I was given a chicked filet sandwich once that was still raw in the middle, and I can say it's pretty nasty.
                          Yeah, exactly. Did she think they were hiding her freshly cooked chicken in the back just to jerk her around?
                          -Helen Keller

Comment

Idiot lady doesn't realize that fried food is better fresh or otherwise it looks and tastes like crap. I definitely wouldn't have given her a thing to be honest. There didn't seem to be an issue with the service,IMO. KFC is good, but I think Popeye's chicken and biscuits trump KFC.
                            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I learned my lesson when I went to pick up chicken at KFC once. I always take something to read now and am very patient. It paid off once, because I didn't complain, smiled and said it was okay when they said there was a delay. They gave us extra biscuits and a chocolate cake for free.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                              X