You're Doing it Wrong

SC: "Yeah, can I talk to sum un' about buyin' some nails?"
    Me: "…...nails?"
    SC: "Yeah."
    Me: "I'm sorry, that’s not really something we offer."
    SC: "Ya'll don't make nails?"
    Me: "No, we manufacture and install roofing tiles."
    SC: "Ohhhh…….ya'll know who sells nails?"

……uh…..Home Depot? Home Hardware? Lowe's? Walmart? Costco? Hell, 7/11? Did you even try leaving the house before you called me? I don't know a lot about construction but I'm pretty sure nails aren't exactly a specialty item. In fact I'm pretty sure they sell them round about anywhere. ( Except Mcdonalds. Please don’t ask Mcdonalds…….you already did, didn't you? ). Oh, and get this, this is crazy SHIT, you'll love this, they come in different sizes too! Holy Caramel Ghandi, Batman!
    See, this is how my mind works....I thought maybe they meant, like, Lee Press-On Nails. And you could find them at Wally World or 7/11, too!
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper
      SC: "It's hard to type with one hand…"
      I choose to believe that he was holding the phone in the other hand.

He was! HE WAS HOLDING THE PHONE!!

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
        "Kill, kill!"

Virtual cookie of indiscriminate nature to anyone who gets the reference.

Raspcallion
        A movie called "Faster Pussycat, Kill Kill" I believe populated by amazonian women of huge breasty proportions.

Or something along those lines.

Hey, can you make that a wheat free virtual cookie? I'm delicate
        Total surrender
        Your touch is so tender
        Your skin is like water on a burning beach
        And it brings me relief
        "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

Quoth Killer Bees View Post
          Hey, can you make that a wheat free virtual cookie? I'm delicate
          delicate or celiac?
          Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

WOW..I didn't realize they said "Y'all" in British Columbia. The only people I check in that say that are usually from Georgia or South Carolina.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
              Why, I still remember the first time I had to face them both head on myself. There I was just sitting in the living room, eating my fruit roll ups, watching TV, having a grand old time when suddenly Cookie Monster was all like "C is for cookie!" then the Count came on screen at the same time and I was like "WTF HE'S COUNTING THE C IS FOR COOKIES". My horror was brought to me by the letter C and the number 8.

But I managed to endure until the commercial break ( Count Chocula! ) and afterwards had my mental wounds soothed by the gentle cheer of Grover.
              When did Sesamee Street start running outside commercials?

Comment

....I'm not sure if its possible to get an image out of your head using only a stapler. But I'm going to try. If I stop talking its not because I don't care. Its just because the paramedics have arrived.
                Damn it. Do all your fan girls have to make a road trip to make sure you're OK?
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                  Damn it. Do all your fan girls have to make a road trip to make sure you're OK?
                  and a few non fan girl who want to sit back and watch as the fan girls try nurse you to death, and use your still warm body for their own enjoyment...

Comment

Please Don't Say that Ever Again

I often type with one hand...but it's generally because I'm holding my spoiled lovebird in one hand (see my icon for a visual reference). That is, when he's not sleeping in my shirt.

However, in this case, I assume the guy was holding the phone.

Comment

Quoth Strawbabies
                      What kind of machine, pray tell, was it?
                      Bill payment/Internet kiosk. I've had people call with this problem once or twice before. One guy had actually jammed his debit card up into the receipt slot. We had to send a tech out to dig it out for the fool. ><

Quoth tollbaby
                      I'm almost afraid.... I just had a very good interview for the local hydro company's call center - in the billing department! LOL I'll likely be starting Oct 1st (I'm the first applicant they've had who speaks both official languages, and they have ten bilingual positions to fill). I'm fairly confident. But ever so afraid....
                      You should be. Even I won't work billing. I leave that to Kara. =p

Quoth Max
                      Really? I always figured Bert would be the top in that--
                      Oh no, Ernie would definitely be on top. Oscar would be videotaping it.

Quoth Kara_CS
                      Yeah, I'm sure you'd be devastated. Crying the whole time you were putting another tally on your Customer Service Scorecard (all customer service reps have these, mine's almost full already).
                      I have not yet driven a caller to death. But I am hopeful. ;p

Quoth hotelnpa
                      WOW..I didn't realize they said "Y'all" in British Columbia. The only people I check in that say that are usually from Georgia or South Carolina.
                      My company has clients all across North America. I endure Carolina a fair amount actually on tech support lines. Carolina(s) and Tennessee. 50,000 kiosks across all of North America and everyone can figure them out except those three states. ><

Also, 2 Stupid Dogs did indeed rule.

Comment

Quoth hotelnpa View Post

Hey now! There is nothing wrong with "y'all"!
                        "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

I'm coming back as a Schooner Wharf Bar dog.

Comment

You should be. Even I won't work billing. I leave that to Kara. =p
                          I escaped billing 2 years ago when I came to my department that has changed names 3 times now but is basically the "saves" department (trying to talk people out of canceling). Well, I somewhat escaped it. When some idiot is calling to cancel because they don't understand their bill and/or disputing their bill, it's hard to avoid. Plus, when the general customer care queue gets too backed up, they release the overflow to us, and we get them once in awhile there. But it's not nearly as often as it used to be. My most hated call type was billing. You have my sympathies.
                          "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                            and a few non fan girl who want to sit back and watch as the fan girls try nurse you to death, and use your still warm body for their own enjoyment...
                            Come along. But I'd only be there for the nursing. I'm a good girl.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                              Come along. But I'd only be there for the nursing. I'm a good girl.
                              uh huh like you can resist

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                                uh huh like you can resist
                                Well, I'll try to try to resist. How's that?
                                Unseen but seeing
                                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                                X