Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we wrote up an incident report on the cake lady and if she came back the GM said she proabley would have been asked to leave.

Comment

I detest people who try to get my attention by whistling at me or snapping their fingers. If it ever happens to me again I think I'll just say something like "Is there a dog loose in the store? Why is that guy whistling?"

About the worst thing a person did to try and grab my attention (or at least I thought it was at the time) occurred not long after I got hired. I was assigned to do carryouts and a call for a carryout came over the PA, so I went to the nearest phone to answer.

While I was picking up the phone a guy started waving toward himself, like people will sometimes do to summon someone. I stuck up my index finger, mouthed "one moment please" and took the call.

When I hung up I approached the man and asked him what he needed. His response: "You know what, forget it. Your attitude is terrible. I'm never shopping here again and I'm telling your manager".

I was pretty scared because I was still in my probationary period, during which it doesn't take much for you to get fired if the bosses want you gone. But nothing came of it. Nowadays I'd probably be like , now that I know complaints such as his aren't taken seriously.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth UK Worker View Post
        You should of gobbed in his drink/dinner or WORSE
        Just so you know, that kind of action is frowned upon on our boards. Tampering with food is NOT a good idea.
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

God, this reminds me of the worse person who wanted my attention. Our godawful company has the policy that no mater what we are doing, if a custemer wants us, we must drop WHATEVER we are doing and rush over to help them. So while working on the beans and sauces section (remember this bit for the future) a woman walks over and says 'hey you!'. I carefuly put down the half opened pack of individual bean cans that could all drop evryware as the suporting cardboard is weak. This takes a few secs, which for this woman is not good enough, then dmands that i show her where the sauces are
          *looks at big sign overhead saying beans and SAUCES section*
          Me- well, here
          SC- no! the ones in packets
          Me- well this is the sauces section, they will be here
          SC- *in whiny tones* but i waaaaant it in a packet not in a jar
          Me- well this is the sauces section, they will be here, if not we dont sell them
          she leaves in a huff and i think nothing
          comes back in 10 mins with a smug, evil grin
          SC- HAH i found them, so u lied to me, i think you have a terrible attitude and IM going to speak to your manager
          *WTF? ive been here on week, and while wrong i was right in my thinking, who the hell puts sauces in another section from the sauce section?!?!?*

Comment

I used to LOOOOVE the customers who would come up to our non-working third register when I was standing at the second register. Third register was on a corner of the counter, and the rest of the counter was absolutely covered in our stuff we would just give away to real customers...
            And they'd do this at times when I and the manager on duty would be busy with other customers at our registers.
            I had a medical excuse not to even acknowledge the people standing on my right. Due to a possibility of 'left neglect' from my stroke (which meant that doctors assumed I would start to forget to pay attention to anything on my left, because that's the side that I had the stroke on) they wanted me to pay more attention to my left side than my right. So, I did. I now have a tendency to only look to my left. Luckily, however, my peripheral vision kicks in a lot more, and I caught movement on my right. At which point, I might turn, and say, "That register doesn't work, you might want to come over here and get in line." Or I might just ignore those 'customers', as there was obviously no one working that register.
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I wouldn't call them 'customers' but getting my attention by yelling "SHOW US YA T*TS!" kinda stands out for me personally...
              I ride the time, it unfolds a new day,
              another time, this world would fade away
              To find true love, is like no other joy,
              our choice is here
              be happy for today

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                When I was a waitress, I had men smack me on the ass to get my attention.
                In response, punch them in the crotch. "As long as we're getting personal..."
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                X