Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is this "size" of which you speak?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this "size" of which you speak?!

Oooh, did I get a priceless SC yesterday.

SC: I'd like a milkshake
    Me (heaves heavy, mental sigh at decidedly vague request): Sure, what size and flavor?
    SC: What?
    Me: What size and flavor?
    SC (visibly confused): Well, I know I'd like chocolate, but I don't what you mean by size! I don't know about size!
    Me: (WTF??????) We have small, medium, and large.
    SC (still confused): Can you show me??

So I show her the cups, and she chooses medium. She doesn't seem to feel at all stupid admitting that she didn't know what "size" meant. I only mention this specific story because a lot of my customers don't know what I mean by size! I'll ask what size drink they want, and they act like I'm speaking in tongues! Am I the sucky one in this case for assuming that people should know what "size" means??
    "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

yeah you should just get them small

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
      yeah you should just get them small
      And charge them for a large!
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

but I don't what you mean by size
        uhhh....

OK, i can understand asking how big each size is - i mean one place's large could be small somewhere else... but to not understand the concept???
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          uhhh....

OK, i can understand asking how big each size is - i mean one place's large could be small somewhere else... but to not understand the concept???
          Or just maybe her mind was in the gutter . . . which for some people could be considered a new height.

And on that note, we'll leave that short subject alone.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Couldn't you just say in times like that. Well not say, but ask them if they want small, medium, large?
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Unless the person has never ordered anything at a food establishment before? I don't understand how a Westerner could not understand what you meant when you asked what size of milkshake she wanted. Maybe she had some kind of mental handicap?
              My Myspace, add me!

Comment

I had the opposite problem. We only have one sixe shake, a 16 oz.

I was making a shake for a lady. She had ordered without specifying anything other than flavor- and I may have had to ask her that. When she saw me blending the ice cream and milk the fun started.

UIL- Understanding Impaired Lady
                Me- jayel the patient

UIL- "Is that a large?"
                Me- "Well, it's the only size we have."
                UIL- "Did you charge me for a large?"
                Me (thinking) 'How am I supposed to charge you for a large if we don't HAVE a large?!'
                Me- "We don't have a large. I charged you for the only size we have."

Don't people get that size is relevant? Our customers used to always get mad because our S,M, and L is significantly smaller than other places' sizes. But a large is still a large (wether or not you think it's large) because it is the biggest!

This is why I don't understand how pizza places start with a 'medium' as their smallest option. How can there be a medium size without a small? I never complained, but I always wondered.
                I HATE stupid people!

Comment

We did away with the smallest size Ice Blast drinks. Now the two sizes are regular and large.

Who invented 'regular' anyway? Regular isn't a size.
                  "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Unless the person has never ordered anything at a food establishment before? I don't understand how a Westerner could not understand what you meant when you asked what size of milkshake she wanted. Maybe she had some kind of mental handicap?
                    I've worked with the mentally challenged, so I can usually tell if someone has a mental handicap or not. This was a perfectly normal old lady. I don't think senility was to blame, considering I don't think it would cause you to forget a concept we learned in fucking kindergarten!

Who invented 'regular' anyway? Regular isn't a size.
                    "Regular" frequently refers to "medium", but it annoys me too. "Regular" is too vague.
                    "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

Regular implies it is the default size. But customers pretty much buy the sizes they want.
                      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
                        Or just maybe her mind was in the gutter . . . which for some people could be considered a new height.

And on that note, we'll leave that short subject alone.

:snicker:

OK, I'm going to stop now.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth jayel View Post
                          Don't people get that size is relevant?
                          Er...? Size is irrelevant, perhaps?

Quoth jayel View Post

Our customers used to always get mad because our S,M, and L is significantly smaller than other places' sizes. But a large is still a large (wether or not you think it's large) because it is the biggest!
                          Oh! Size is relative! Ah-ha!
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Why don't they make a special offer called 'the milkshake lottery'.

Example,

Small=$2
                            Medium=$3
                            Large=$4

Basically, you have two buckets, one is filled with 'small', 'medium' and 'large'. Printed on some paper, the other bucket has all your various flavours printed on paper.

The customer, pays you $2 or $3 (not $4, for obvious reasons). They then (or the cashier can, doesn't matter) select one slip of paper from the size bucket, the size they pull out is the size they get, ditto for the flavour. Once the transaction is completed, the slips of paper get returned to the bucket and repeated for the next transaction.

Might get lucky, might get a large for a medium price and in chocolate. Or some really crappy lime flavour. Of course, you can always stack the odd's and no one would be none the wiser, OR, hell, you can go the whole hog and even stack the prices they pay! $2, $3 or $4. Now those sucky customers can ask for a 'milkshake' and really get one!

Comment

In cases like this, just make her the largest one you have and hope to the Goddess she's lactose intolerant.
                              Total surrender
                              Your touch is so tender
                              Your skin is like water on a burning beach
                              And it brings me relief
                              "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

Working...
                              X