This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to the popcorn mines of Kessel

I'm still off work with my broken wrist.

So I popped into the cinema last night, to get some tickets for my gf's kids. While I was there I went upstairs to the projection booth an had a chat with my boss. He tells me that the whole chain is cutting back on payroll (despite a record year in 2009) and that my projection hours will be cut bqack to 7 a week. And I will be working back downstairs again to make up the difference.

Now it has been more than 10 months since I've worked downstairs. Pretty much everyone I worked with has left. I hate working the kiosk. There is now a huge emphasis on selling loyalty cards and upselling comboes. I get paid minimum wage. And of course there is the SCs.

So I'm NOT happy about this.

However, since I'm on the sick, I have time to think about what to do.

If I decline to work downstairs, I have enough savings to supplement my income for a few months. But then I have to find a new job or give in and work downstairs.

Or I work downstairs doing a job I dislike to maintain a job that I love. I did that before I got sufficient hours in projection. And doing two roles in the same company is a pain for me as well as admin, payroll and scheduling.

ARGHHHH!
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

You work at the popcorn stadium? Cookies for whoever knows that reference.

Comment

Sounds like now is a great time to start your job search.

Comment

Ditto what Shadow said. Perhaps your broken wrist is a blessing in disguise (though a painful one )
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          Ditto what Shadow said. Perhaps your broken wrist is a blessing in disguise (though a painful one )
          Agreed. In any case, a job search won't hurt. Unlike your wrist. D: Ouch!

Comment

Have found a few projectionist jobs that would require relocating several hundred miles. Not sure if I want to do that, although my gf assures me she will come with me if I do.

Had a quick look for non-cinema jobs locally, but not seen anything that I could do.
            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
            X