Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My wife is the biggest SC of all times!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wife is the biggest SC of all times!!

First, I"ll say this:

GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER!!!

OK, with that aside, as a side job I make websites. I've taken over my wife's website, her site looks like a 3rd grader did it with FrontPage, my version looks like a 5th grader did it with DreamWeaver.

Now, every 5 minutes, I need to change this, that needs to be changed, this is wrong, that font is too big, this font is not right, this picture needs to be moved to the left a little, this word needs to be changed for that.

She does realize that as of now, the site would have cost her over $600, and when it's done close to $1000 (including hosting?).
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Quoth draggar View Post
    She does realize that as of now, the site would have cost her over $600, and when it's done close to $1000 (including hosting?).
    What, you want your wife to pay you or something?

I think she's probably far worse with you than she would be with someone else, because she knows you love her and will put up with her (I'm assuming).
    This will not be an easy job for you.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

She'll be your toughest client.
      I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
      "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

To quote probabaly what is the most popular movie on this site,

'This job would be great if it wern't for the f-ing customer'.

The job will be easy, it's the client that's difficult.
        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Welcome to my freaking personal hell, my friend. This is my life.

I'm a graphic designer.

What sucks about being a graphic designer is that everyone else thinks they are a graphic designer, too. They will take a nice, professional design and balls it completely up by going "can we add this?" or "How about making that red? Don't you think it would look better if it was red?"

No, numbnuts, I don't. If I thought that it would look better red, it would be freaking red. What the hell are you hiring me for?

Gaaaaah....

Sorry. Can you tell this is near and dear to my heart?

Comment

Oh my, I feel you pain. I'm not a graphic designer by anymeans. But like Kinkoid knows, at a copy shop you will allways have some degree of typesetting, setup, and "amaturish" graphic design. I feel that true graphic design is more along the lines of 4 color work. What I do is more along the lines of 1 or 2 color fliers, I do alot of it for one or two specific clients (1 of them is easy as pie, they love my work and very rarely require any changes to the proof). I did a business card for one of my wifes friends husbands and literally spent about 3 hours with him on the design.
            My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Working for family will almost always be tough. They expect a lot more than most customers would ever dream of except the worst.

Working for a spouse/partner/what-have-you is somehow much worse.

I'm fortunate, however, that I and my boyfriend are both fairly laid back, so we don't usually nitpick the things the other does. ... though I have been known to be rather picky about a few things...

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My first wife and I were golden until she got a job working with me. I was her supervisor. The problem came when we got home. She didn't understand how I could boss her around like I did the rest of the crew. The funny thing is that I thought I was favoring her because she was my wife. This didn't cause us to divorce, but it definitely contributed.
                This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Revamp phase two is sceduled for today, which will followed by phase two of complaints, suggestions, and "fixes".

Did some photo editing last night.
                  Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Yeah my hubby found a quick solution to me directing him in web design...he made me learn it myself. Once you get HTML down its a snap, now I just have to learn Flash
                    "If all else fails...blame the dog"

Comment

Working...
                    X