Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know who wears the pants in this one...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know who wears the pants in this one...

I took a flower order not 15 minutes ago from an incredibly polite and thoughtful man. He was ordering an arrangement of tulips for his wife who is an employee in this hospital.

He signed the card "Thinking of your beauty on this wonderful spring day. I'll love you forever and ever and ever and two days. Love 'Nice Man'"

I stop doing flower deliveries at 2:30 PM because the morning girl goes home and I'm left alone. I'll typically still take orders and just deliver them after I close. However, since this is for an employee, I called up to her office to see what time she was leaving so I could bring them to her, or she could get them on her way out.

When she answered, I introduced myself, let her know that I have flowers for her and asked what time she was leaving for the day.

Her reply, "What you're really saying is that I need to come down there and get my own flowers?!"
    Mine, "No, I'll be happy to bring them up to you, but I just wanted to be sure I got to you on time."
    Hers, "Right, so you're telling me to get them myself. Yeah, I'll be down when I'm down." <click>

I'm hoping she's having a bad day because from what I heard from her husband, he was very sweet and thoughtful. She was very short with me. I'm hoping the card with the flowers cheers her up.

Some people just have to invent excuses to be sucky, don't they?

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I would have changed his note to "I want a divorce, love 'I deserve better'" :P
      "I've come to realize that ever since I started working, everyday is a little bit worse then the day before...so that means every day is the worst day of my life..."
      - Office Space

Comment

Quoth F**kYouForCalling View Post
        Happy lawsuit!!

Comment

Why do people have to get married lawfully anyways. Just have a wonderful ceremony and skip signing the papers. You're telling me you can't be happy together unless you have the tax incentives?
          Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Quoth allniter View Post
            Why do people have to get married lawfully anyways. Just have a wonderful ceremony and skip signing the papers. You're telling me you can't be happy together unless you have the tax incentives?
            Where did that come from? Were you attacked by Official Marriage Documents as a child or something?

Back on topic: I'll bet that guy really screwed up, and that's why he had to send flowers. That would explain her mood, too. Although that's no excuse for her being snippy with the OP.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

While the woman was definitely sucky, creating marital discord over it would be crossing the line.

Just my
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

That would be some awful fun, but I can't help but consider that the poor Nice Man would likely end up being screamed at...
                Re: Quiche.
                Pie is manly.
                Eggs, meat, and cheese are manly.
                Therefore, making an egg, meat, and cheese pie must be very manly.
                So sayeth Spiffy McMoron!

Comment

When I think of what THAT marriage must be like, my mind immediately jumps to Keeping Up Appearances (British sitcom). Husband is as understanding and nice as can be, and the wife is an obstinate, entitlist, self-absorbed beotch.

Did anyone else make that connection?

Comment

Working...
                  X