Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My father is one of those crazy people who enjoy black friday shopping. It's the only day of the year he likes to shop. With everybody sick around here (both Dad and I have been in the hospital this week), Mom decided to do the big turkey dinner today so we can relax tomorrow morning and Dad can do his shopping. I'm staying home.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I gave in and decided to work on Friday because our manager wants certain departments that are "behind" to get a chance to catch up while the others aren't offering hours to work that day.

It was only because they offered on-call pay. I was just about ready to take an unexcused absence, but the thought of FOR ONCE getting time and a half on an actual holiday we're forced to work.....I'll do it.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I'm opening the C-Store today, tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday. That all should add up to me being completely exhausted by the time my closing shift comes around on Monday. Yay!
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I am working 11:00 am till 4:30 pm today. I am off Friday and Saturday. Those are my normal days off. Last year I took Thanksgiving off and worked the Friday. After today I do not work again until Sunday from 9 am-3 pm.

Comment

Re: Thread title:
            Irv, Irv, what are we going to do about you?
            You showed up for work again without your LRS* Underoos.

*Lacky Racket Shit
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I'll have the pleasure of working 8-2 tomorrow. Since it's an early close, I'd be surprised if we did any business at all.
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                Thankfully, my grocery store is never open on Thanksgiving or Christmas, and as far as black Friday goes, groceries are the last thing people are buying, so Friday ought to be pretty dead.
                That's pretty much what I'm expecting at the Litter Box. We're open today til 3 (manager thought yesterday he could talk me into working today but got fooled. )if I ain't scheduled, I ain't coming in. )

Tomorrow even though I'll have deliveries coming in, we'll be pretty much dead customer-wise.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

working 7pm (thanksgiving day) till 5am black friday on sport store. while the wifey (electric retail store)works 5pm-9pm thanksgiving day and has to go back 5am-2pm black friday. luckily i have rest of friday off..

Comment

I had hoped I would have been chosen to work today on delivering parcels. But my seniority was too low.

Comment

Don't work retail. But I delivered obscenely huge newspapers this morning. Hubs helped and it actually wasn't too bad, but if I had to assemble them all by myself I probably would have gotten super-frustrated and upset.

At work tonight, we're having a Turkey Day Buffet and there are over 400 reservations. The kitchen is understaffed as it is and they struggle when there's more than 150, so I don't know how they're gonna pull it off today. I don't work the restaurant side but if guests are unhappy I'm going to get to field the complaints. Hoping for the best but bracing for the worst...
                      Last edited by bhskittykatt; 11-28-2013, 06:23 PM.
                      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I'm off to the stampede in about 10 minutes! Wish me luck.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                          At work tonight, we're having a Turkey Day Buffet and there are over 400 reservations....if guests are unhappy I'm going to get to field the complaints.
                          My family insists on going to one of these hotel buffets every year. I would not dream of complaining about anything; I'm just glad I got to eat today at all.
                          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Times like this I'm glad I live in New Zealand and don't have to deal with stuff like this - only one store I know of here in NZ does anything along the lines of a Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal - a computer store not too far from where I live. Apart from that, Thanksgiving and the subsequent shop-deal-days are not really followed here.
                            Violets are blue,
                            Roses are red,
                            I bequeath to thee...
                            A boot to the head >_>

Comment

We had a pretty busy morning due to a couple of accidents that took down power pole and out lines. After noon is was pretty quiet until I left at 2. The good thing is the sales department was not in today and I got to put in an install order

Comment

Reporting back tonight after what turned out to be a rather dull shift this morning. We ran out of the local paper by 8:30 AM (after opening the store at 5:30 AM), and the Des Moines paper by 11:00 AM. The Des Moines paper, incidentally, advertised on the front page that it weighed 6.1 pounds and had over 500 pages of ads. If yours were that big, bhskittykatt, then yes, they were obscenely huge!
                                "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Working...
                                X