This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dad's *still* an ass...

It's been nearly 2 years since he left, and things still aren't settled. Mostly because he's sitting on a $250k nest egg, and can (at least theoretically) keep the fight going forever. Meanwhile, the legal fight is draining my mom's finances. She's having a hard time paying the bills and dealing with home repairs...so my brothers and I have been helping her. Then the last legal bill came. Because my dad hasn't been doing what he's supposed to or returning his lawyer's calls, my mom's lawyer has been billing her for the time spent in trying to get him to comply.

Rather than see her suffer, I handed her a check for roughly a month's pay so she could pay her lawyer. I told her it would be covered. Besides, I'd been given that money by my dad...so I could get a newer car back in September.

(For those of you following along at home, my '07 Corolla got totaled when some uninsured asshole hit it. So he sent me a check to bring the payments down. What I wasn't counting on, is that when I consolidated my debts about the same time, getting back the mortgage escrow, any fees, and not having to make monthly payments on credit cards...meant that I'd have a bit more in the kitty. I paid off the debts, put most of the remaining funds towards a newer car, and then put the rest into savings.)

I helped her out, because I'll be DAMNED if I'm going to let that bastard win. Plus, the money I was given, came out of his IRA that she's trying to get. So it rightfully should go to her. Also, I don't want any "dirty" money around if I can help it.

Then I find out that their anniversary would have been the beginning of the month. Not so bad by itself...had a good friend mentioned that the bastard had taken his girlfriend on a very expensive Caribbean cruise. My mom is living paycheck to paycheck and stressing out...and that bastard is touring the islands. What the fuck?

So yes I'm upset
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

You know . . . I HAVE been considering a second career as a hit man.

Hit woman. Whatever.

I'm KIDDING!

Sorry this is happening to your family, protégé.

Comment

I feel so bad for your mom. Would you be willing to do a GoFundMe? I'd contribute.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I feel bad for your mom. My MIL had something similar and got screwed in the end because she couldn't afford a lawyer. The last time my husband saw his dad they exchanged a few explosives and that was that. His dad died of cancer last year and now they are all fighting over the estate.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          I feel so bad for your mom. Would you be willing to do a GoFundMe? I'd contribute.
          I appreciate that, I really do. So far, things seem to be covered, and hopefully this crap will be at an end soon. In fact, the bastard just got fined $750 for his inability to meet deadlines and filing the proper paperwork. Dad's of the type that he doesn't give a crap about things...until they hit his wallet.

Remember, this is the same guy who refused to keep his vehicle in reasonable order, until I got into an accident caused by negligence. Fitting a $3 radiator hose would have prevented the Tempo's engine from blowing up in '94. Engine blew up, I got hit. I only got a newer car after I'd seized the insurance checks and threatened to sue his ass.

Anyhoo, he's getting fined, and the lawyers will be going to court in order to wrap things up--all at his cost, because he's the reason for the delays.

In related news, there was an "incident" at my brother's condo on Friday. My brother had stored some of our dad's things there, planning to take them to his girlfriend's house. 2 weeks ago, he'd driven up there to drop the shit off, but nobody would come to the door. TV was on, car was in the driveway, but the doorbell got ignored. As he was standing on the porch, a brown sedan driven by an older woman came down the street. That car slowly pulled into the neighbor's driveway. Then the car suddenly backed out, and laid rubber up the street

Cue last Friday. My brother is in his upstairs bedroom, when it sounds like someone is trying to break in He keeps the door locked because of a stalker-ish bitch from work. Our dad was trying to force open the screen door, and that's when things got "interesting."

That is, he tried to put on the "tough guy" routine, and got in my brother's face. Er, at least attempted to anyway--my brother is about a foot taller than our father. Dad looked up and apparently went "oh shit" He's always tried to act like a tough guy--he's not, he's a giant pussy. There's a huge difference in slapping your children around, and trying to start a fight with someone who could kick your ass.

That's when he got confronted about how things need to end since two of his sons want nothing to do with him. (Not quite true--I'd like to have a relationship with BOTH of my parents, but at this time, I'd like to strangle him.) Then he was told that the reason his stuff was thrown into boxes, is because my brother packed it. Not my mom, not me, not our other brother...so if anything was damaged, tough shit.

Then he got to hear about how our mom is getting the house, part of his retirement funds, etc. As much as I'd like to believe that, he'd better fucking comply with that. Our mother has put up with enough shit. She's approaching 70, and can't afford to start over. If she does lose the house, all bets are off. He'll be dealt with...severely

Comment

^ I have story's similar but its my husbands dad who died 2 years ago from cancer my husband got nothing as far as im aware im not sure what is going on with the estate and to be honest I don't really care. but ill have to tell u about it some other time im at work but my MIL did loose her house over him.

Comment

My brothers and I already know that we're getting jack shit when our father dies. The only family he has anything to do with...is his half sister and her second husband. (He's an asshole, and I refuse to call him my uncle.) He'll leave her everything, not that she needs it. She lives in a house valued at a half-million and tools around in a Mercedes that cost more than my house

As for my dad, well, he's already been smacked down by the court. Seems that due to his non-compliance, he got nailed for about $750 in court costs. Because he's the one holding things up, it was decided that he'll have to pay for it. Now $750 is nothing compared to what he has, but he's the type that if you go after his wallet, he'll pay attention.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                Now $750 is nothing compared to what he has, but he's the type that if you go after his wallet, he'll pay attention.
                I did see the post about this I hope what u said in the other post is true and your mom gets something its pretty sad that he is doing this to her

Comment

It's pretty *bleeped* up what he's doing to not only her...but everyone else as well. He's tried to turn my brothers and I against each other. He's been spewing a lot of lies about us to anyone that will listen.

Oh, and the reason he's delaying the paperwork? Because he doesn't want it on record where he's living. It may be 2017, but the law still looks unfavorably on a married man living with someone who isn't his wife. We all know where he's living. So does the state--he had to list his girlfriend's address when he voted in the last election. Also, it scared the crap out of him when he realized that my brother does know where he's living. He had to, so he could deliver some of the crap he left behind. At least the stuff went up unscathed--if it was me, I'd have tossed his crap out of a truck bed at 40mph

In related news, I was told that he posted a meme over on Facebook about how he "loves his sons with all his heart." Seriously? You have one son that you haven't seen since you left--nearly 2 years ago. You have another that hasn't seen you since April 2015. Yet you love us

Comment

wowzer and I was going to say his address is public record if its on his DL or anything else so why the hell does the address matter.

Comment

Quoth raw1989 View Post
                      why the hell does the address matter.
                      Up until the election, he had everything sent to a post office box. I don't know about his license, but I do know that if he wanted to vote, he'd need an actual street address. A 'box wouldn't be allowed, because when you vote, where you get assigned to cast your ballot is based on where you live. The other reason, is that he doesn't want it to be on the official documents. Now though, he doesn't have a choice because he drew things out so long.
                      Last edited by protege; 02-27-2017, 01:38 AM.

Comment

wow who cares where you live tbh unless someone is out to kill me I really don't care its and address its public record ect. You dad just seems like hes trying to make it go on for forever.

Comment

We all think that if he does have to write down where he's living...that means that he'll have to confess as to what he's been up to. He still thinks what he's doing is right. That's why he's been telling all the lies. Hopefully, this crap will end soon.

Comment

yah no I mean my husband lived with me wile married to his ex but the divorce was in process and her lawyer was dragging it on.

Comment

Working...
                            X