Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the input. I guess I was looking at it from the standpoint of hey, I could do that at home for less money.

Comment

Ah, heck, I figure to each his own, yeah? I mean, I most certanly ain't gonna eat it. I just make the stuff.

Current toppings on the hotdog?
      Ketchup, Mustard, and Mayo.

I'm still trying to figure out why people put MAYO on anything, but then, like I said, I ain't eating it so I don't care.
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth Darkforge View Post
        I think our selection of cheese in the UK is different, only american sliced, or grated monteray cheddar
        Yup. Over here we have sliced American, provalone, Swiss (and maybe one more) plus the grated blend and grated parmesan.
        Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
        I'm still trying to figure out why people put MAYO on anything, but then, like I said, I ain't eating it so I don't care.
        The only time I use mayo is for things like a regular sandwich or sub, or to mix in things like tuna salad.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
          I've seen it. You be surprised what people do for their sandwhichs. My friend, who I no longer go to subwayq with, wants extactly four olvies, two on each side, spaced apart. Wants only a dab of mayo. Two green peppers. No salad. The cheese must be this way.

If it isn't perfect, the boy goes bananas. And freaks out. Sometimes wail on why can't anything go right in his life.
          That sounds like autism spectrum, or OCD.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
            Sounds like my sister when she was younger. My parents used to do a Friday night McDonalds ritual with me and my sister. There was a point where she didn't want the cheese on her burger...all she wanted was the meat, sauce and bun.
            Mine did that too!! and we always had to eat someplace that had a damn hamburger on the menu. Believe me, it was a day sent from heaven when she found ONE ITEM on the Taco Bell menu that she liked. This was the same girl who put KETCHUP on her BREAD.

And now I'm all hungry for Subway...6-inch Subway club on white, with provolone, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, black olives, and ranch. *droooool*

I know where I'm going for lunch tomorrow...
            "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
              Yup. Over here we have sliced American, provalone, Swiss (and maybe one more) plus the grated blend and grated parmesan.
              *Drools with jealousy*

mmmn, parmesan
              "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
              Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

If I'm making a sandwich at home, it's generally cheese and jam, or Marmite and cheese (yes, I periodically import the Marmite personally), or possibly peanut butter and jam.

But it's impossible to find that style of sandwich on sale ready-made. I don't know why.

In Subway, I tend to order a full-length (easier saying that than 30cm here) BMT with cheese, lettuce, cucumber and olives - and no sauces, spices or oils. That way I get something that's a manageable thickness and tasty. It's a pretty expensive sandwich though.

As for them asking about the cheese and toasting - it's just part of their production pipeline. They start with the type of bread, the size and the basic menu. Then it's the cheese and toasting. Then the salad. Then the oils, spices etc. Then it's up for side orders and payment.

It's simply easier for them to ask about things at the right stage of the pipeline, than rely on the customer to remember and not mix things up.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                  If I'm making a sandwich at home, it's generally cheese and jam, or Marmite and cheese (yes, I periodically import the Marmite personally), or possibly peanut butter and jam.

But it's impossible to find that style of sandwich on sale ready-made. I don't know why.
                  I'm quite fond of honey & peanut butter, or sometimes Nutella. Orange honey is really tasty with peanut butter, too.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My biggest problem with the Subway near work is that they don't seem to understand "Just a few...". I'm not a huge fan of pickles but a few on a Steak Melt give it a nice tang - what I don't want is a handful slapped across it as it overpowers any other flavour in the sandwich.
                    Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
                      Well, it depends: I usually get a meatball sub, which would be pretty nasty if you put lettuce and cucumbers and such in it. So yes, just the meatballs, mozzarella and parmesan cheese, and oregano.

Roast beef, turkey, or chicken? Completely different.

Don't knock it till you try it I usually get a meatball sub with Lettuce,onion, cucumbers, pickles, green peppers, cheese, mayo and BBQ sauce. Pretty good IMO

Comment

Since I'm a vegetarian, I only order the Veggie Delite on wheat, all veggies (except pickles, jalapeños, banana peppers), Swiss/Pepper Jack, lite mayo, honey mustard, and salt and pepper.

Usually Subways that I frequent know exactly what I want.

Comment

Quoth Mr. Security View Post
                          Don't knock it till you try it I usually get a meatball sub with Lettuce,onion, cucumbers, pickles, green peppers, cheese, mayo and BBQ sauce. Pretty good IMO
                          Right, but you're probably not surprised when other people don't want the same.
                          Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Ever since the movie place near the big grocery store in the next town closed. I no longer go to the Subway that was next door.

Now i go to the Subway on the highway.

The guy knows exactly what i want.

Footlong Chicken Bacon on White bread.
                            Toasted
                            Lettuce
                            Ranch Dressing.

WHen I get a second sandwhich, I get the same thing, just a six-inch on whole wheat, other wise no difference.

And he always saids see you next week.

Didn't see him last week, as I went a day later, since my sister was busy. He asked me today where I was

Comment

Working...
                            X