This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• serious warning folks...

for those of you with Bank of America accounts...

I'm imploring you to keep a VERY sharp eye on your accounts this month. I've been taking phone calls from customers with fraud charges on their accounts upwards of $6000 and more.

Some are recieving automated phone calls claiming to be from bank of america, saying they need to reactivate their card.

When in doubt, hang up and call the bank back with a number that YOU have...it may be nothing, it may be legit...

but i know for a fact that if Bank of america calls you its a live person each time.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Thanks for the heads up!
    BoA just sent me a new credit card # because apparently a vendor reported a breach - I wonder if these fraud charges are related.

Comment

It's not just BoA either. Wells Fargo is having a problem with scams too. So here's my addendum- If anyone with a WF account gets a call saying that there's a hold on their debit card or something like that, just hang up and call your local branch. I've gotten these calls several times, and I think they only recently gave up on calling me because I stopped answering.
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Similar concept for the folks down under (substitute your local bank).

If in doubt, ALWAYS call the number.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I have a policy of never confirming or giving out details over an incoming call. I always call the listed number for the organisation.

Comment

I had my credit card number, not the card, stolen last year and it was used to order camera and computer equipment to be shipped to Napa, California - I live in South Dakota. I found out when the two websites the equipment was ordered from both called me requesting confirmation of the delivery address. What's wierd is one site called my home phone and the other called my cell.
            Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Working...
            X