Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frak. I forgot about this. I may end up trying and failing hard again. No clue what I'd even write about either. This would be the 3rd year I participate I believe.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

I have absolutely no idea what I'm writing about.

I went into it about four years back with the same issue, and a discussion about challenges on the forums ended up with me writing a booth that was nothing but sex scenes.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I think I want to give it a shot, but I have absolutely NO idea of what to write

I keep getting stuck on beginnings, and even then I keep changing my mind. I love to write, but I (unfortunately) have a somewhat short attention span
        It doesn't help that I spend an insane amount of time choosing names...and then i end up hating them later

Oh well, might as well try

Comment

One of the things about NaNo is that you are trying to turn off your "internal editor." Remember, you are not writing the final version! Think of it as a first draft. The idea is to get it down. Then you can go back later and revise.

So don't worry about names - you can change them later; don't stress about the beginning - you'll probably want to make major revisions to that anyway; don't worry if what you wrote yesterday or the day before wasn't perfect or even if you hate it. Get the story down, and keep moving forward. After Nov. 30, you can revise.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Precisely.

Don't worry if you end up writing typo-ridden schlock, just write. You can clean it up later.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I'm definitely doing Nano. I've spent all of October working on prepping for it. So I have an idea, an outline, characters and what they're like, etc. So let's see if I can actually WRITE it.
              "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
              "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
              Amayis is my wifey

Comment

NaNoWriMo has always intrigued me, but I've never participated. As for outlines...hate 'em. Sorry about it. If I try to outline a story, it feels like I already wrote it by the time I'm done, and all the inspiration just goes away. I know, that sounds strange, but it's just how I am. I'm more of a let it flow as it will writer, I guess you could say.
                "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Come. Join us. It's only 30 days of literary flow.

^-.-^

Comment

ARGHHH!!!

3 DAYS TO GO!!!

AND STILL NO NEW IDEAS!

Guess I'm gonna have to finish my novel this year >.<
                    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                      NaNoWriMo has always intrigued me, but I've never participated. As for outlines...hate 'em. Sorry about it. If I try to outline a story, it feels like I already wrote it by the time I'm done, and all the inspiration just goes away. I know, that sounds strange, but it's just how I am. I'm more of a let it flow as it will writer, I guess you could say.
                      Oh, this is very common. Many people don't use outlines. I did last year only because it's a long and complicated story with lots of characters, and it came in very handy last November because each day I knew where I had to go with it.

I normally don't use outlines. Doing too much writing that isn't the actual story kind of lets the fizz out, you know?
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'm trying to do more fleshing out to avoid writer's block.

Not really easy with a Whovianish doctor (not literally, but his name is a partial anagram of 11's actor's name, and he's going to have the twitchy "omfg my work -quickmoving-") and a whole pantheon (4 gods) to work out.
                        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I probably should outline out my story. As I said, I'm adapting a couple of screenplay-format stories from the same universe as the story I wrote for last year, but I don't plan to just do the two stories one after another, but borrow elements from both and work out a singular narrative from it.
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Outlines work for some people (like me) and not so well for others. If I don't have at least a vague outline, I'm completely lost after my first scene >.<
                            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Normally I hate outlines. However...it certainly seems to be helping this year for it. My plot's pretty complicated and my outline isn't fleshed out enough to make me feel like I've already written the story, so that's good.

The first time I did Nano, I did it because my friend coerced me into it like two days late, so I was late starting, AND had no idea what I was doing...it had a lot of contradictions in it.
                              "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                              "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                              Amayis is my wifey

Comment

I don't use outlines. I use tarot. When I'm in 'the zone,' the art just comes to me, albeit with highly imperfect grammar. But when I'm not, when I have to force it, the tarot is one of my best tricks for writing myself out of a corner.
                                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                                X