This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mopping stone floor

The ground floor of our townhouse is stone, but we're not sure what type (it's a light brown/black/white mix) and I'm not sure what to use to mop it. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've been told not to use vinegar.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

How much dirt and crud is ground into it? If there isn't a lot, I'd use a soft cloth style mop, with maybe a bit of baking soda in the water and clear water rinse. If it's really dirty, scrub with baking soda paste (add a bit of water), then clear water rinse. You might also see if any sealant products safe for indoor use are available.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Agreed with Kittish. Baking soda is also used to remove graffiti in Chicago--granted it's with a pressure washer, but still.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

...and as with any new cleaning task, be sure to test whatever you decide on in an inconspicuous place before doing the whole floor.

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
        used to remove graffiti in Chicago...
        One of my every day custys was a 'Blaster.' He was a hoot, and really enjoyed his job.
        Last edited by sms001; 03-22-2015, 04:45 PM.

Comment

*Who* are you mopping the floor with?

...curious minds...
          ...get curiouser and curiouser...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
          X