Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, speak to Raps and really get a good idea if you COULD do something like that. Just talk to them and see if they can work out something. Perhaps a post with alink that takes them to a site that you have with the donation button and your explination as to why you would love a donation.

It's not on the site itself, and it might work.

As i said...just talk to Rap and the other mods and really get to see if it is possible, or if something else were possible.

You wont know until you try. And the worst they say is NO. And that's OK too. You will get home. I know you will...even if it takes some hard work, but as soon as you do..it's going to feel SO worth it!

Don't give up!

Anyone else with an idea, please chip in...there is no bad idea, just one that may not work so well!
    I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

Paypal I know is secure. They also accept personal checks (bank info), which is crucial as I have no plastic spending devices. I may not be able to participate in a fund-raiser or raffle like you were originally thinking, Eireann, but I can donate at minimum 5 US dollars. Seriously. I can do without meat for a week-- but really, it's more like a chai or something, I have poor spending habits...
      But that's if Rapscallion says yes. I know similar things have been done on here before... but at the least, Shadow has an idea... you just gotta be a bad girl.
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
        However, this isn't my site, and I don't want to step on any toes by doing something like that. Once that sort of precedent was started, where might it end?
        There is a Charitable Requests social group. There's not supposed to be anything that will financially benefit a member, but the Mods might be willing to make an exception in your case. It cannot hurt to ask.
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
          There is a Charitable Requests social group. There's not supposed to be anything that will financially benefit a member, but the Mods might be willing to make an exception in your case. It cannot hurt to ask.
          Agreeing with all of the 'might as well ask' people. Would check ticket prices online as well for what it would cost you so you know how much you'd have to raise.

Comment

Remember the cats! The cats will have to go too.
            For what it's worth I hope that Raps will make an exception too. Ask him.
            If you get a no you could make an independent homepage or use Facebook and announce it here.

Comment

I'm breaking one of the standard rules here, but if I can't give special dispensation on here then nobody can.

Eireann? Get a donation button set up and get something going in Charitable Requests. Post something in check it out to promote it and link it in your signature. We'll see if anything comes around.

Rapscallion

Comment

Eireann, for your friends back home in OR, they might want to try a car wash. It's been my experience that people will gladly get their car washed for a few dollars, and it's generally been mine and other people's experience that these kinds of car washes are often better than "professional" car washes. So everyone benefits; my car gets cleaner for less, your friends help you out financially and others out with cleaning their vehicles, and you get needed fundage for your return trip to the States.

Bake sales often work, too. And your friends may want to actively alert the community to your predicament.

On your end, I quickly checked expedia for flights from Prague to Portland, and it seems that the base price is about $1,100, not counting any baggage fees, shipping costs, or the cost for the cats. (I have no idea what that all would cost, honestly.)

I figure if each person here can find it in their hearts to donate a fiver, a ten spot, or even a Jackson, that would get you some funds quickly for sure. I myself am good for a Jackson, at the very least. (What's a few less beers in my gut, after all?) That amount of money won't put most of the CSers out very much, but as a group, that could mean a lot to you financially.

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                My friend who studies Ukrainian and has spent summers in Lviv
                I am wondering if Lviv is the same as L'vov, which is near the Ukrainian/Polish border, and 130 years or so ago was actually part of Poland. If it is, that is one of the places my ancestors came to the U.S. from. Just saying.

Quoth surreal20 View Post
                "Do or do not. there is no try."
                I quote Yoda constantly. It's actually "Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Okay, Rapscallion and I are discussing things right now.

I am having a raffle to raise money, for those who are interested. I'm raffling off several mounted and matted photos (ready for framing!). When I get enough interested parties, I'll put up a Paypal link.

More details soon.

Comment

Glad to hear!

Definitely make sure to post details once everything's together. I'll donate something too.

Comment

Okay, I'm waiting to be approved for the Charity Requests group.

In the meantime: I'm holding that raffle. I'm waiting to see how many interested people I get, before I sell any tickets. I need to sell at least 1,000 tickets to make it a go. So far? 30 tickets have been earmarked.

Once I get enough people interested, I'll set up a Paypal link.

For those who just want to donate, I'll send you the link to the Charitable Requests group when I have it.

Keep those ideas coming! They're great!

Comment

Oh, and Jester, Lviv is indeed L'vov.

Comment

How much are you selling raffle tickets for? I don't know if I can afford one, but I'll be happy to post a link on my Facebook page.

Comment

I'm selling them in Czech crowns, since that's what I'll be spending here. They're 100 crowns apiece, which is approximately $5.50.

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
                              I'm selling them in Czech crowns, since that's what I'll be spending here. They're 100 crowns apiece, which is approximately $5.50.
                              Oh, I can manage that much.

Comment

The more I can sell, the better it will be.

Comment

Working...
                                X