This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Eireann View Post
    I need to sell at least 1,000 tickets to make it a go.
    Quoth Eireann View Post
    They're 100 crowns apiece, which is approximately $5.50.
    You need $5,500? Holy chipotle! Good luck! (If I may be so bold, you might want to double the price of the tickets, just to make it easier to sell the amount you need. Just a thought.)

Quoth Eireann View Post
    Oh, and Jester, Lviv is indeed L'vov.
    Cool!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Yes, I need to make sure I have enough to cover emergencies, as well as the regular costs. Kitties need to get vet certificates stating that they don't have any diseases that can be transmitted to humans, I need travel carriers for them, I'll probably have to pay excess weight on my checked bag, yadda yadda yadda.

This doesn't even begin to include the expenses I'll have when I get home.

It's a big one. A really big one.

Comment

Okay, here's the Charitable Requests link: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/g...55#gmessage555

Comment

Once you have paypal set up, send me a personal message and i'll be glad to offer something.

I don't know how much i could do, but i will do my best! It's going to be in US dollars, of course :P But hell...that's still something out of nothing!

Raps also said you could post the donation button in your sig IF I AM CORRECT. I may have read that wrong.

So either PM me with the email addy for paypal so i can send you it, or let me know where your donation button is...and you can count me in for a few dollars
          I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

If I may be so bold, I don't think you should delay setting up the paypal. People are paying attention NOW, and people notoriously suffer from short attention spans. "Strike while the iron is hot," as the saying goes.

Because, to be honest, I followed the links to the page, ready to make my donation....and then realized I couldn't.

I have a friend named Andrew that I'd really like you to meet, but can't make the proper introductions without that final piece to the puzzle.

Still A Customer."

Comment

I've got Paypal already, but I don't know how to put a donation button here. I don't think you can do it on Facebook.

Comment

Got it!

http://czechbeadbuyer.blogspot.com/2011/02/raffle.html

This page has buttons for buying tickets, AND for making donations!

Ah, the wonders of the Internet.

Comment

How do I donate a certain amount in U.S. dollars?!?!?

Still A Customer."

Comment

Click "Donate". It will allow you to enter your own amount.

Comment

I looked, and it converts it to the CZK amount.

My bank account is with a credit union that auto blocks all out of the US transactions unless i actually change it so i can. (I wont change it because of Identity theft a few years ago...this makes me feel safe)

So i MAY not be able to donate to you. I will see if i can. I will do my best...I apologize if it doesn't work
                      I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

Comment

Oh, may i make a suggestion for Raps and the mods?

Could this be stickied for a short while? Just long enough for people to see the link? If it can't be, it wont hurt us. I was just trying to make it easier for us all to see it

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
                          Click "Donate". It will allow you to enter your own amount.
                          Now I is confuzzled. I thought the amount you entered would be in Czech currency. Was I mistaken?

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            Now I is confuzzled. I thought the amount you entered would be in Czech currency. Was I mistaken?

Jester no confused. Jester right. It's in Czech currency. I looked. He said about 100 czech's money would be about $5.50 in USD. If that helps.

Comment

Quoth surreal20 View Post
                              He said about 100 czech's money would be about $5.50 in USD. If that helps.
                              Firstly, Eireann is a she, not a he. I know, having talked to her on the phone on more than one occasion.

Secondly, the problem with that system is that, if I understand it correctly, I'll only be able to guess what the amount in US$ is, rather than knowing. Which will make recording it rather difficult, thus being a royal pain in the ass to me and my bank account.

Just saying.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                                Firstly, Eireann is a she, not a he. I know, having talked to her on the phone on more than one occasion.

Secondly, the problem with that system is that, if I understand it correctly, I'll only be able to guess what the amount in US$ is, rather than knowing. Which will make recording it rather difficult, thus being a royal pain in the ass to me and my bank account.

Just saying.
                                When i looked on paypal, and i tried to donate, it did say at the botton abou the conversion. So you may want to see if it says the same thing for you. I think it was 1USD = 17.something. czech I only remember the 17 part.

Furthermore, it was of no intent to call her what she is not. I simply did not know. I am only trying to be helpful.

Comment

Working...
                                X