• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Such is my life.

My car is crapping out.
    My credit cards are looming.
    My student loan payments just doubled.
    My rent is becoming more of a burden. And we have oil heat.

UGH

Comment

Some years back:

Tuesday, my father has a heart attack. Survives, is resting in the cardiac-research hospital in our nation. I book a flight up to see him which will leave on the Friday.

Thursday, my husband has a 'heart attack'. Basically, his heart's primary natural pacemaker stops, causing what looks, feels, and otherwise seems to be a heart attack.
      (For those curious and either knowledgeable or interested in Googling, several months later he's diagnosed with neurocardiogenic syncope.)

Thursday afternoon I cancel my flights, and my mother and I spend anxious phone calls reassuring each other our respective husbands will be okay.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I've not long spent quite a lot of our savings on a new TV system and laptop because we were doing well and had it spare and expected to continue being able to save. Well now there is the chance that I *could* be at risk for getting sacked for too much sick leave (although I don't think it will happen). Oh, and a few other bills have just jumped up in costs so we don't have as much spare even with me working.

Yeah, I'd like a membership card to the club too please...
        I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Working...
        X