Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bullying coping strategies? (epic length-even for me!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which I may or may not read. It is, as you can imagine, a very trigger-y subject for me.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Draper Mel View Post
      I still find this something of a difficult subject to talk about, even though I'll be 44 in a few days....It makes me angry that I never got that kind of help. The problem was always with me, not with the bullies.
      DM, I could've written your post! I'm the same age and went through nearly the same crap you did. The only difference is I was diagnosed with depression in my teens.

I had transfered to a different school in 7th grade for the gifted program, and being the lone poor student in a rich neighborhood school, I was immediately made the School Pariah. And those kids were horrible; the teachers couldn't ignore it when they ganged up on me, tore open my clothes and threw my books into a tree. My parents finally figured out that it wasn't just me being overly sensitive; this had gone beyond mere teasing, and got me help. And out of that awful school.

With all the attention that bullying is getting now, I hope that we as a society can come up with better ways of teaching and treating our kids.

Big to everyone who was bullied, and big to those who were able to put a stop to it.
      Last edited by XCashier; 08-05-2012, 08:24 PM.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
      X