This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed on my way to work this morning

I passed this on my way to work, about an hour and a half after it happened. I saw the police and emergency vehicles, and then the car involved parked on the median, and then after the car was a white sheet on the ground...I would have been fine if I hadn't seen the man's bare foot sticking out from under the sheet. Not that I didn't know what was under the sheet, but...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Bummer...makes me think that the city needs to look at this area better.

Comment

It's a highway, 3 lanes in each direction in that area with a grassy median probably a little wider than one lane. There is a crosswalk, where the bus would have let him off (lots of commuter traffic to/from NYC on that road). I don't know if he was trying to avoid the snow on the shoulder on the other side or if he just didn't want to wait for the light, or what. Not the best situation for pedestrians, especially with all the snow on the sides right now, admittedly. He was crossing illegally, and that time of morning it still would have been dark. This was the most detailed article I found (this morning it was basically just a traffic advisory and was updated a couple times through the morning). Nothing on whether the driver was cited for anything. Unless he was really doing something stupid I don't think he would be. Sad, no matter what.

I was reading the comments and there are some from other people who passed by. Apparently he was even less covered up at some point, with his hands visible, at least; before or after I passed, I don't know, but all I could see was his foot, and I didn't notice any blood. Then again, I was trying to actually pay attention to the cars around me.
      Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 02-11-2011, 12:29 AM.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
      X