Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was looking through for more cartoon script ideas and focussed on this one. Although this is a truly tragic display of lack of intelligence, I just couldn't use it - that person was sick.

Rapscallion

Comment

So... wait. Let's assume that you can, in fact, predict the future, and knew in advance that the VT shootings were on the way.

According to this... person, you should have used that information not to prewarn those who might be affected, or to inform the authorities, but instead to ensure that you had loads of ribbon.

... My brain hurts.
      Me non rogo, hic modo laboro.

Comment

You know what? It makes me wonder if right after 9/11 happened, did anyone say this to any stores that were selling American flags? If I recall, it was difficult to get your hands on one anywhere at all because they were in such a high demand.

Did this woman also say this to anyone that sells American flags? Or, the day it happened and you ran out of red, white, and blue material, did she think you should have predicted this terrible day, too?

Comment

I do remember that the store I was working in at the time (a bookstore) got a small handful of people complaining about that very thing "What do you mean you don't have flags? [insert thinly-disguised 'you should have known about this' line]"

Can't say it surprised me on some odd level, as this was the same bookstore where I, not long after, fielded a 'complaint' from a lady who felt the title of Tolkein's second LoTR book was offensive and demanded it be changed (mmkay, I'll get right on the ouija board and fix that).
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

"You should have been prepared/expected this!"

Me: Ma'am, if I could predict the future the way you think I can, I wouldn't be working here dealing with your ignorant arse. (smile sweetly)

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
            ~Clerks

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
              You know what? It makes me wonder if right after 9/11 happened, did anyone say this to any stores that were selling American flags? If I recall, it was difficult to get your hands on one anywhere at all because they were in such a high demand.
              I got the very last flag at the store I went to after 9/11. I think it was wednesday afternoon, the day after.

Comment

I think it's official now, I have lost all faith in humanity. Tis a sad day!
                "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
                X