This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh barista, i know what you mean.

When I went to see The Hills Have Eyes 2 and Grindhouse, I swore the local middle and high schools all had a movie date....

There were kids, EVERYWHERE.

The worst part was these little shits were allowed in to an R and an X rated movie. That's right, Grindhouse was supposed to be NO ONE UNDER 18. Not 17, 18!

And to think, when I tried to see Jackass when I was 16, they asked for my ID and kicked me out.

Shows how much they care nowadays.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

$7.50 here, not much commercials (no more than 5 minutes)...

I just go to hang out with friends.
      I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
      less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

There is rarely a film I want to see in theaters, but I sometimes like to go just for the whole getting out of the house experience.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I only go for midnight showings now.

I gotta say, the experience at one of those leaves me PUMPED. It's almost like a concert.
          "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

As a modern day movie-goer and as a theater employee, here's my advice.

1. Eat before you go to the theater. Don't go to the concession stand on an empty stomache because you will go broke.

2. If possible, attend matinee screenings. It'll save you a few dollars.

3. CARRY YOUR STUDEN I.D. I don't know how many people I've had to charge full price for because they claim that they're students but don't have their student I.D.'s. Just keep it in your wallet and get the discount to save some money.

4. Unless you truly hate ticket lines (Like me) try to avoid ordering online tickets because sometimes they charge extra.

5. Don't bother asking us to adjust the sound unless it's a problem that affects everyone. If one person comes up to us saying that they can't hear the movie, we tell them that we're going to fix it but we normally just ignore them because clearly this person is just being selfish. Everytime we adjust the sound for one person we get about 5 people telling us to readjust it.

6. Do a little bit of research. I can't stand hearing "I didn't know the movie was subtitled because no one told me." NO ONE IS GOING TO TELL YOU UNLESS YOU ASK!!!
            You all belong to Miyazaki, you just don't know it yet.

Comment

I officially declared this man "Dumbest Male Customer So Far."
              Glad you didn't say dumbest "ever"...sadly, someone somewhere will outdo him...

A bunch of us from Store2 used to go every Tuesday and sometimes see 2 movies if the times worked out...the theater down the highway from the store is $5.00 all day on Tuesdays (except during summer and Christmas time). Otherwise I think they're all around 9something for a regular show and 6.50 for matinee. I am supposed to go see Shrek 3 sometime this week, though. I want to see that in the theater. Normally I only go to see the ones I really want in the theater, though I saw a lot of bad movies when we were only paying 5 bucks..
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Shrek 3 is pretty fun.

We had one little kid that was asking her mommy about some of the scenes, but it was a Sunday matinee, so we were expecting a moderate amount of kidlets.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

One thing my girls like to do is there's one theater we go to that has free kids movies - one month in the Spring, and one month in the Fall, older releases and a different movie each week. Sometimes, we'll wait until then to see some of the movies they want to see, so they can have money to spend at the concessions. Couldn't wait for Shrek 3 though.

Otherwise, the matinee's $6.50 for adults, $5.50 for kids - not too bad.

Comment

Wow. That is sad and scary at the same time.
                    "Because that's how magical meteoric size-altering space goo works." IMDB Message boards.

Comment

Okay, I read through all the posts and no one else has touched on this - not that it makes the behavior okay - but the man was older - in his 60s right? Ever consider dementia? Alzheimers? That's where my mind goes first. I probably would've followed him to his car to get his plate and at least make a report on him so that there is record of such an act or so that the police could follow up on him - in order to make sure it wasn't an act of an illness and that he wasn't off to reek havoc elsewhere.
                      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                        Okay, I read through all the posts and no one else has touched on this - not that it makes the behavior okay - but the man was older - in his 60s right? Ever consider dementia? Alzheimers? That's where my mind goes first. I probably would've followed him to his car to get his plate and at least make a report on him so that there is record of such an act or so that the police could follow up on him - in order to make sure it wasn't an act of an illness and that he wasn't off to reek havoc elsewhere.
                        We all figured he wasn't right in the head, that's one of the reasons why we just ignored him after he left. Many of the things he was saying simply didn't make sense. Plus we have plenty of photo and video evidence as well as witnesses to back us up if need be.
                        You all belong to Miyazaki, you just don't know it yet.

Comment

Don't blame the theaters for the prices of tickets. It's the distributors who make it so expensive, and they do it to support actors who make several million dollars for a single film.
                          First of all, I dont understand why some actors just have to make soooo much money that they can literally buy islands in the Caribbean! Not only that, but it's not fair that there are some actors, in my opinion, are just as good as the mainstream ones but barely make enough to get by. The lady that trained me during my student teaching is the aunt of actor Sam Jaeger, who recently starred in "Catch and Release". I remarked to her that he's damn lucky he gets to carry Jennifer Garner in his arms and get a kiss from her and get paid a million bucks for it and she was like, "Oh no! He didn't get paid nowhere near that much!" and I was surprised. Seems like a really unfair system in Hollywood to me. I guess that's why most of the screenwriters are about ready to walk out of the studios there.

Comment

Just a hint to save money on movies (hey, i'm always broke). Check if your local movie theater has a frequent moviegoer club. The big one's probably do (AMC and Regal around here) and they offer perks like free popcorn or waiving the online fee or discounted movie tickets.

Comment

In those cases, I usually break up into hysterics and just keep laughing. This makes them madder but I can't help it, they're just too damn funny not to laugh. The fact that it makes them madder is only a by-rpoduct of my laughter haha
                              Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Am I the only one alarmed that the cops never showed up? What if this guy would have gotten violent?
                                "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Working...
                                X