X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm now officially middle aged!

Where did the last 40 years go?
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

I'm still waiting for somebody to tell me where the last sixty-two years went ...

Happy Birthday!
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

44, and get off my lawn, you young whippersnapper.
      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
        I'm still waiting for somebody to tell me where the last sixty-two years went ...

Happy Birthday!
        I ain't that far behind ya (57) and YES I said the same thing after realizing my 40th Year High School annivercery (not sure if there is going to be a reunion yet) is ONE YEAR AWAY. OH the things we have seen in those years -- space, computers, phones, Facebook (), medicine, etc.

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
        44, and get off my lawn, you young whippersnapper.
        Please talk to me when you hit the BIG 5 0

OH And I DO get to use that (dumbass) phrase because I live across the street from a high school. I have had to shooo a group of students away from my pine tree because they thought it was interesting. Tree is about 2 feet away from my house .

AND middle age IS really only a state of mind. YES DAMN it is true. HELL my parents in their 60's were more active than a LOT of 40-somethings. Heck my motto at work (Pizza Delivery) is " Kick ass and take names THEN run circles around the 20-somethings and make them look like idiots".
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I just hit 50... my Mom bullied me into joining the local senior center...

Comment

So at this point, you will need to be thinking about scheduling your mid-life crisis.
            Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
              So at this point, you will need to be thinking about scheduling your mid-life crisis.
              I still haven't scheduled mine and I'm closer to 50 now.

In another year and 5 months, I'll be eligible for my very own AARP card!

And my 30th HS reunion will be sometime next year . . . hopefully nobody will find me. Not interested in seeing who's still living, who's dead, who's divorced, who's pulling time, etc.

But one quick question: have you been given your official Middle Aged Glasses (ie, Bifocals) yet?
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

No mid-life crisis, and I've been wearing glasses since I was a kid so bifocals wouldn't bother me. Given my Swiss-cheesed memory I wouldn't remember anyone from school so a reunion would be pretty pointless anyway.
                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

45 and still kicking! Besides, you're only as old as the cute person's butt you're grabbing (with their permission, of course!)

Comment

Happy birthday, greek_jester!

Hope it's fun and happy.
                    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                    -----
                    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                      But one quick question: have you been given your official Middle Aged Glasses (ie, Bifocals) yet?

I hit the bifocal glasses about 25+ years ago in my early 30's
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I tried progressives and loathed them. I wound up with separate reading glasses, mostly for the computer work. Note: If you tell the opticians that you spend most of your time at the computer, they will prescribe your reading glasses with an appropriate focus distance for that, rather than for books.

Comment

Happy birthday from this 52y.o.
                          Welcome to the next major life stage.
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

The last time I went to the Eye doctor, they threaten me with them.. but no, I got away without needing them, so far. (for the record, I just turned 45)
                            Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                              I ain't that far behind ya (57) and YES I said the same thing after realizing my 40th Year High School annivercery (not sure if there is going to be a reunion yet) is ONE YEAR AWAY. OH the things we have seen in those years -- space, computers, phones, Facebook (), medicine, etc.
                              I know! I can remember VERY clearly when NOBODY had a computer at home! And now when the power goes out I sound like the stereotypical young whippersnapper WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DOOOOO?(Never mind the six boxes of unread books sitting there ...)

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                              talk to me when you hit the BIG 5 0

And I DO get to use that (dumbass) phrase because I live across the street from a high school. I have had to shooo a group of students away from my pine tree because they thought it was interesting. Tree is about 2 feet away from my house .

AND middle age IS really only a state of mind. YES DAMN it is true. HELL my parents in their 60's were more active than a LOT of 40-somethings. Heck my motto at work (Pizza Delivery) is " Kick ass and take names THEN run circles around the 20-somethings and make them look like idiots".
                              Oh please! ALL of you come talk to me when you hit the big SIX-OH

But I do agree Racket_Man, about age being largely a state of mind. You know the only times I feel old? When I think of how old my brother and sister are ... and they are both younger than me!

I can tell you it does help to work with younger people. I didn't socialize with them (hitting the Detroit bars not being my "thing" ...) but it was great having them around.

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                              I just hit 50... my Mom bullied me into joining the local senior center...
                              I haven't had time for that yet ... but some of the mail I'm getting is ... interesting. And I am certainly more than happy to look at a menu and go "Oh look! They have a seniors' menu! I'm in!!"

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
                              Haven't had time ...

*snip*

In another year and 5 months, I'll be eligible for my very own AARP card!

And my 30th HS reunion will be sometime next year . . . hopefully nobody will find me. Not interested in seeing who's still living, who's dead, who's divorced, who's pulling time, etc.

I keep planning to join the Canadian version of that (appropriate enough acronym: CARP ...) Maybe I'll ask for a membership for my birthday.

I lost track 99% of my high school class decades ago. Haven't got any real interest in meeting up with them again.

I've worn glasses since I was in my teens. IIRC, I'm now into "multifocal" or whatever they're called ... let's just say I put my glasses on the minute I get out of bed and don't take them off until I got back to bed. (Staff member when I went to renew driver's licence: "Do you need to wear glasses while driving?" Um ... unless you want me mowing down hordes of pedestrians and making a drive-through at a restaurant that didn't have one ... yes, I do.)

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                              *snip* Given my Swiss-cheesed memory I wouldn't remember anyone from school so a reunion would be pretty pointless anyway.
                              I barely knew most of them when I was in high school. I was pretty anti-social even then.

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                              *snip* Note: If you tell the opticians that you spend most of your time at the computer, they will prescribe your reading glasses with an appropriate focus distance for that, rather than for books.
                              I'll have to keep that in mind ... especially since I spend FAR more time on the computer than with books now.
                              Last edited by Pixelated; 10-11-2017, 12:13 AM.
                              Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                              X