Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sickbay

Old 02-16-2020, 10:04 AM
Ex-Puncher of Tickets

Yeah, if you've driven stick then hopefully your left foot will be able to manage fine control as readily as your right, it's just awkward to get it onto the accelerator pedal of an auto. However if you've not developed a good clutch sense, then it can be tricky to make the adjustment from brake pressure to accelerator finesse.

Old 02-18-2020, 06:37 AM
Warning: He thinks he's funny.

I have tried left-foot braking on occasion. It's very difficult, since my left foot has been trained for many years to push the pedal down to the floor. Overcoming that training to be able to modulate the brake pressure takes quite a bit of concentration.

LFB is a technique sometimes used while racing, most often in turbocharged cars to keep the boost pressure up. Less frequently, it is used to help a car turn without having to move the right foot off the throttle.

Old 02-18-2020, 10:35 AM
Area Manager

I'm VERY pleased to report that my feet, joints, and body feel better all the time! Hard to believe that I was reacting so strongly to something that's supposed to be good for you, but there it is.

And since my body decided to throw me another curveball, I now have shingles.

Old 02-19-2020, 02:36 AM
I need a life

I personally haven't been helped by an anti-inflammatory diet because my problems aren't auto-immune and because my crooked spine creates too much inflammation for it to be totally mitigated by anything but NSAIDs. But arthritis is auto-immune and I follow quite a few people on social media who have been helped. They avoid grains, nightshades, and other things with a significant amount of lectins/phytates/oxalates. A lot of vegetables are out, and legumes. I personally avoid legumes where I can because of digestive issues. I've cut soy protein out totally unless I unknowingly ingest it and the only auto-immune thing I've had--eczema--is completely gone.

ETA: the first time Mom gave me oats as a baby I reacted violently, screaming in pain with my little tummy distended. Also, look up chaffles. You can use them for bread. You can make so many flavors. I just use 2 oz cream cheese, 1 egg, 1 2 T flax meal, 2 T almond flour (you could use coconut), and 1 tsp baking powder. I add vanilla if I want actual waffles.

Last edited by Food Lady; 02-19-2020 at 02:40 AM.