This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Seshat View Post
    (Mum got one of the ward nurses to have a quiet 'facts of life' chat with her neighbour. But of all the times to not know something....)
    Speaking of which, our girls (4 and 6) are taking great delight in explaining to some people how babies are born. We've had a few people ask them "How do you think the baby will arrive?" expecting a cute answer...their faces moments later were priceless
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
      On the ignorance of some women--I once had a student, a woman in her forties, who asked me in all seriousness if a tampon could get "lost up there" and travel up into the abdomen. I was gladdened that she liked and trusted me enough to ask such a question, but at the same time I was appalled at her ignorance. And yes, I frankly explained to her the structural differences between a vagina, where nothing that big could get past the cervix, and a colon, where the intestines do just keep on going.
      Scary thing is, I have had a patient who had not one, not two, but THREE tampons left in the vagina over a prolonged time frame (at least a week, if not longer), inter spaced in which period were numerous sexual encounters that left deposits of their own.

The smell was . . . epic.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
        Scary thing is, I have had a patient who had not one, not two, but THREE tampons left in the vagina over a prolonged time frame (at least a week, if not longer), inter spaced in which period were numerous sexual encounters that left deposits of their own.

The smell was . . . epic.
        That is... just... how? How can there be enough room for... Mother of God, I'm just going to need to not ever think on this again .
        But the paint on me is beginning to dry
        And it's not what I wanted to be
        The weight on me
        Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
          Its a cheap pessary (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pessary). It happens with the Amish community I live around. The women birth a ton of kids ( no birth control) and their vaginal structure isn't what it once was. If they prefer to visit their herbal doctors instead if the hospital, it's what works.
          Generally though you'd expect them to at least remove/change said potato, not leave it in there until it starts sprouting....>.>
          Also a little fun fact re the Amish: the ordnung (roughly the rulebook on their way of life) actually allows birth control to be used.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Gives a new flavor to the old count out...

One potato, two potato, ...
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

wow. and i thought the guy who shoved a potato and a jar of jam up his rectum* was a special case of stupid... but to shove a potato up there long enough for it to sprout?

I guess you could say she gave birth to a Tater Tot?

*Sadly not an urban legend. I saw the photos online at a classic "shock" site.
              Last edited by PepperElf; 06-24-2013, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Well, when you consider how many people -- women included-- who get to College not realizing there are 3 holes down there, anything is believable.

[Yeah, I've heard people in their 20s think the baby hole and the pee hole are one and the same.]

Comment

Some urethras are hard to find. Even for a continence physician and nurse....

(Yes, I've had the unpleasant experience of having them attempt to catheter me. And not be able to find it for .. quite some time.)
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    Gives a new flavor to the old count out...

One potato, two potato, ...
                    You said flavor.......

Comment

And they called her Tater Salad.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                        Scary thing is, I have had a patient who had not one, not two, but THREE tampons left in the vagina.
                        Friend of mine once had the string on her tampon break loose: apparently fishing a tampon out sans string is a difficult thing to do for yourself....

(Yes, she - or rather, her fiancee - got it out. No, it wasn't in there a week... ewww.)
                        Seshat's self-help guide:
                        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

The gal in question was a prostitute and a drunk. She was in the hospital to dry out and started complaining of abdominal pain. She came down to the ER because at that hospital the ER doctor admitted the detox patients.

when the doc came in to do the pelvic exam, I handed him a surgical mask because the smell was so bad. He thought I was exaggerated until he actually got in there.
                          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Wouldn't the roots try to burrow into her flesh seeking nutrients? Gives me the heebie jeebies. -shudder-
                            Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                              Generally though you'd expect them to at least remove/change said potato, not leave it in there until it starts sprouting....>.>
                              Also a little fun fact re the Amish: the ordnung (roughly the rulebook on their way of life) actually allows birth control to be used.
                              Perhaps this was the plan. Wait for it to grow a vine, then pull it like a tampon string.
                              Women can do anything men can.
                              But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
                              Maxine

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                                Some urethras are hard to find. Even for a continence physician and nurse....

(Yes, I've had the unpleasant experience of having them attempt to catheter me. And not be able to find it for .. quite some time.)
                                This is one of the reasons why I'm hoping that should I go down the route of having babies, that I don't end up in a situation where I need to be cathetered...*squick*
                                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                                X