X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are You Sure You're Not Pregnant?

This happened to a co-worker of mine yesterday:

Backstory: My coworker was working in the drive-thru, when Rude Bitch (henceforth known as RB) pulls up:

RB: Soo, when's the baby due?

CW: I'm not pregnant

RB: *laughing* so, you're just really fat?

My poor co-worker was reduced to tears by this customer, and to add insult to injury RB comes back through the drive through five minutes later, to taunt my co-worker some more, at which point the manager was called. Some people have no sense of manners and discretion..to not only ask a question like that in the first place, but to then continue and taunt a nineteen year old girl and reduce her tears..i don't know

That's not rude, that's harassment. I hope the bitch was banned for life.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

She came back??!! Anyone get her license number?
      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

The manager in question is spineless, so no she was not banned, and he just ignored the situation...

Comment

I've taken a lot of abuse working fast food and retail, but that...that..... My current coworkers have a hard time believing some of my stories. That's because they're reasonable, honest and hard-working people. Soooo many customers aren't.

Hope CW moves past this horrible person soon.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth kokopuff3 View Post
            The manager in question is spineless, so no she was not banned, and he just ignored the situation...
            I don't know if you guys have the hostile work environment rule that the States has...but as far as I'm concerned, that's harassment, the manager did nothing about it, and I would strongly encourage your co-worker to go up the food chain about it.
            Seriously, if your manager will ignore that, who's to say what else they'll ignore?
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
              I don't know if you guys have the hostile work environment rule that the States has...but as far as I'm concerned, that's harassment, the manager did nothing about it, and I would strongly encourage your co-worker to go up the food chain about it.
              Seriously, if your manager will ignore that, who's to say what else they'll ignore?
              Seconded.

How absolutely appalling!

She got harassed twice. Once by the...well, there are no words for that 'customer...and once by the manager, who refused to do anything.

I implore you to encourage her to go to a higher up about this. I'm not a big fan of most HR departments, but it couldn't hurt.
              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I agree, Iradney, and Peppergirl..I'm going to make these suggestions to my co-worker .

Comment

If that woman comes back, ban her A**! There is no reason for your coworker to put up with it, whatever the manager may think.
                  "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I agree, LillFilly

Comment

"I can lose the weight...You'll always be stupid."
                      Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                        New laws just passed . Managers are responsible for preventing bullying in the workplace. (There were other anti-harassment laws before). Of course, they're new laws, which means that no one knows exactly what they'll cover, because there haven't been many rulings.

Comment

@ Magpie: yup, Bill 168

Comment

A good banning for both would be great.

Comment

http://www.womanabuseprevention.com/...arassment.html

Comment

Working...
                              X