This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The pigeons sleep tonight

So, this wasn't sucky but it was really super weird, and I'm not sure where to post it.

So, we have a resident flock of pigeons that like to perch on our big interstate sign. Other MOD feeds them, so they're always hanging around.

This evening, this guy came into my office.

Guy: "You know all those pigeons that are always perched above your sign out there in the daytime?"
    Me: "Yeah?"
    Guy: "Do you know where they go at night?"
    Me: *brain screeching to halt* "Um....no, I have no idea."
    Guy: "Do they go anywhere nearby?"
    Me: "I honestly have no idea where the pigeons go at night."
    Guy: "Okay. The interstate overpass is right over there, right?"
    Me: "Uh...yeah."
    Guy: "Okay thanks. I'm going to sleep under there tonight."
    Me: "....okay?"
    Guy: "You don't think the pigeons are there, do you?"
    Me: "Um...I doubt it?"
    Guy: "That's good."

The guy went out, climbed into his truck, and drove off, supposedly to go sleep under the interstate.

Just.....what?!?!?
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

In the city, the mighty city, the pigeons sleep tonight....
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Now, now, now... Let's not start squabbling.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Right. We don't want to be ruffling any feathers, now, do we?

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I totally get this. Someone so fastidious as to wish to sleep only in his personal environs would obviously not want it to become - ah - besmirched, as it were, by pigeon poop.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            We don't want to be ruffling any feathers, now, do we?
            True. We all know how bad it feels to be pigeonholed.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

We don't want to do anything we'd egret later.

... back on topic, you might want to get the co-worker to stop feeding the birds. They're not the cleanest of birds and can spread disease. As a former NYC Parks commissioner said, they're rats with wings. >_>

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                In the city, the mighty city, the pigeons sleep tonight....
                so glad to know I'm not the only one who had that reaction to the title

Ok, there's another song stuck in my head for the next week - oh well, better than the dumb TV jingle that was caught before.

Madness takes it's toll....
                Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Isn't it good luck to get crapped on by a bird?

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                    Guy: "Okay. The interstate overpass is right over there, right?"
                    Me: "Uh...yeah."
                    Guy: "Okay thanks. I'm going to sleep under there tonight."
                    Me: "....okay?"
                    Guy: "You don't think the pigeons are there, do you?"
                    Me: "Um...I doubt it?"
                    Guy: "That's good."

The guy went out, climbed into his truck, and drove off, supposedly to go sleep under the interstate.

Just.....what?!?!?
                    Hah. Guess what? That's exactly where the pigeons go at night. An overpass is perfect for establishing a fairly safe place to build nests and believe me, they do. Around here, anyway, and pigeons aren't known for being creative and original birds, so I imagine they'd be nesting under that there overpass. Buddy is in for a terrible shock tomorrow morning.
                    What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

It's the Godpigeon!
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
                        Buddy is in for a terrible shock tomorrow morning.
                        Carried off to feed their young.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post

Ok, there's another song stuck in my head for the next week - oh well, better than the dumb TV jingle that was caught before.
                          Ah well, you know that the urge to sing 'The Lion Sleeps Tonight' is only ever a whim away.....

(a whim away, a whim away, a whim away..........)
                          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
                            (a whim away, a whim away, a whim away..........)
                            Aaargghh

All afternoon I'll be humming and it's your fault.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                              Hush my darling, be still my darling, the pigeon sleeps tonight.

I wonder if he dove under the overpass?

(dove, dove .... one is a past tense of an active verb, the other is a white pigeon ...)
                              Seshat's self-help guide:
                              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                              X