This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Pagan View Post
    You've never been in one of the Supercenters?
    In sarasquirrel's defense, up until maybe two years ago, CT only had three supercenters (it currently has five, according to the store locator). Hubby and I spent a year making special trips every other week to the nearest supercenter, more than half an hour away by interstate, just to get a deal on our groceries. The state government's got some arrangement, apparently, where Walmart and Target are extremely limited in how many supercenters (with full grocery) they're allowed to have, as opposed to regular stores with a much smaller "Food" department. According to the explanation I heard, this is so the two chains don't put the much more expensive grocery stores out of business by building supercenters in every town.
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Augh SC's when it comes to price matching. . .

My manager told me about a lady (think he was telling me in case she came in since it was earlier that day) who came in and we price matched a competitor for tires. . .

she then went to the dealership and had them price match us using a quote we gave her, then turns around and calls my manager about us trying to price match a price match. . .

I don't know what happened but I know it wasn't us loosing money in the end cause of shady tactics.
      "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
        After reading all these stories by Lupo, maybe it's time to build a massive city wall around Houston. No, not to protect the city from hurricanes or illegal immigrants, but to keep the assholes there from leaving and polluting other parts of the nation with their self-absorbed bullshit.
        Yeah, but then you'd trap Lupo inside, and she doesn't deserve that!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Poor Lupo.

I'm making fresh redcurrant muffins today, when they're cool enough not to burn your mouth you shall have some.
          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

*hugs lupo*

People stink. I'm sorry.
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
              In sarasquirrel's defense, up until maybe two years ago, CT only had three supercenters (it currently has five, according to the store locator). Hubby and I spent a year making special trips every other week to the nearest supercenter, more than half an hour away by interstate, just to get a deal on our groceries.
              I have a problem with figuring out how long it takes people to get places back East because the entire state of CT would fit in NM's San Juan County!
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                I have a problem with figuring out how long it takes people to get places back East because the entire state of CT would fit in NM's San Juan County!
                ::laugh:: It takes forever to get anywhere here because of all the stop lights.
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"

Comment

::laugh:: It takes forever to get anywhere here because of all the stop lights.
                  You'd like it here. We don't have traffic lights every 5 feet. I can drive the whole length of the Village of Corrales (about 10 miles) and there's not even a stop sign.

But you gotta watch out for the village PD. They can and will pull you over for going 1 mile over the speed limit.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                    You'd like it here. We don't have traffic lights every 5 feet.
                    Ah, but I'd sorely miss the New England forests. I already told Hubby that wherever we end up has to have trees, and lots of 'em.

Comment

Ah, but I'd sorely miss the New England forests. I already told Hubby that wherever we end up has to have trees, and lots of 'em.
                      Come join us here in the beautiful green Pacific Northwest!
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        Come join us here in the beautiful green Pacific Northwest!
                        Hmm, I'll consider that one.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                          You'd like it here.
                          I miss the desert.

And mountains.

It's been raining pretty much everyday here. I need me some damn sunlight!!!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                            One word, Alaska...lol I drive over an hour just to get to work, 65 most of the way on the highway and that's just to the next town.

Comment

We gots lots of National Forest land (about 20% of the state)....when it's not on fire. Where do you think Smokey Bear came from?

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                              I miss the desert.

And mountains.

It's been raining pretty much everyday here. I need me some damn sunlight!!!
                              Well, come back sweetie! We've got our usual monsoon set up pretty good, but the rain seems to be staying east of I25 or south of I40. Other parts of the city get dumped on, we get nothin' on the West side. No, I tell a lie, it rained for about 5 hours Sunday, but nothing since then. Just muggy as hell Monday.

Quoth 24601 View Post
                              One word, Alaska...lol I drive over an hour just to get to work, 65 most of the way on the highway and that's just to the next town.
                              But what I'm talking about is distance and time it takes to travel it. It's about 60 miles from my place to the Palace of the Governors in Santa Fe, it only takes me about an hour. That's almost the width of CT. Back there, it seems to take an hour to go 20 miles. That's what I have trouble getting.

That and I have a hard time conceiving of being somewhere without wide open spaces.

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                                Lupo, you are the anti-SC. You leave a wake of happy employees behind you. And based on the number of stories, this trip wasn't enough worse than normal to not make having saved up for super shopping worth it.

I do notice, however, a lack of you informing the employees about this site. tsk tsk.
                                We need to be able to print out small cards or something that we can hand to clerks when we are in places where we see stuff like that happening.

Comment

Working...
                                X