This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romance novels revamped

And a BIG thank-you to the person on Etiquette Hell who posted this link, thus giving me the biggest laughs I've had in months!

http://www.worldoflongmire.com/features/romance_novels/

Etiquette Hell has good stuff. The wedding disasters are priceless.

Those covers are pretty funny.
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Oh man, those covers are HILARIOUS!
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Okay, I am laughing so hard I am crying now.

"I'm about to let one" and "Honey, who's hat is that" and "Scotty McMullet" about made me pee on myself.

And I personally think "Give me back my shirt" should be titled "What the fuck is she wearing?" because that is what I said out loud when I saw it.

Comment

"Pull My Finger" belongs among the ranks of Instant Classics. It's the first time I've ever laughed so hard that I had to hurry to the bathroom to pee.

Comment

hah i actually recognized one of the covers - the "birds like crazy people" lol
            (Right below "New covers posted")

Comment

I've read "lord of the hissy fit" and "Birds like crazy people" - i have the rest of the books from the "birds" series.... they're a good read, its based on the old fairy tale about the 7 brothers that were turned into swans, and the sister that had to turn them back....(its called the Seven Waters series)
              I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Under the submissions sent by others to her, I've read "Sunday Brunch". It was pretty good.

And "Hey, are those boobies" An Eye-Spy Book is actually a cover of a Bertrice Small novel (I Bertrice Small - one of the best historical novelists of all time! At least IMHO).

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
                  "Pull My Finger" belongs among the ranks of Instant Classics. It's the first time I've ever laughed so hard that I had to hurry to the bathroom to pee.
                  I cannot look at that line now without thinking of that scene from the Simpsons when Lisa in the future brings home her future husband...

Quoth The Simpsons Archive
                  Homer: So, Hugh: have you heard all the latest American jokes? Uh...here's a good one: pull my finger!
                  Hugh: [chuckles] Yes, we have that one in England, too, Mr. Simpson.
                  Homer: [threatening] I said pull my finger.
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I know the following:

"Hey, are those boobies?" - (Besieged by Bertrice small)

"Ima Poot / Savage thunder" - (Savage Thunder by Johanna Lindsey)

"Barbarian Breeze" - (another one by Johanna Lindsey, but I don't remember the title, I think it was something like "Warrior's Woman" or its sequel)

"Dude, where's my deodorant?" - (yes its by Dara Joy, and i'm 85% certain that i read it... don't remember the title)

"The Queen's Open Door Policy" - (Border Bride, by Arnette Lamb)

"Stormy Love of Prince L'avendar" - (Tea Planter's Bride, by Rosemary Rogers)

and "What are you lauging @ B!" - that is the classic "Gone with the Wind" poster.

I would be but i love historical romance novels, so don't feel the need to be
                    I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

i thought i had copies of 2 of the books of the 7 water series
                      but they may have been shipboard books too (we had a paperback "library" of free books)

Comment

Working...
                      X