Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man that's funny. The only way it would've been better is if you had a noisy case of the runs.

That'll learn her to follow the employees into the bathroom to ask questions.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I know that if a man walks into the mens washroom & tries to talk to another guy taking a leak at the urinal, he'd be seeing stars from being punched out.
      Boogity, Boogity, Boogity Let's Go Racing Boys

Comment

Quoth dalejrfan71 View Post
        I know that if a man walks into the mens washroom & tries to talk to another guy taking a leak at the urinal, he'd be seeing stars from being punched out.
        Yeah, well, for men "it's like being on an elevator," to quote Roseanne.
        I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

Quoth Swordsman422 View Post
          Usually I get a quippped or sarcastic "if you're going to eat, you should take your lunch break."

To which I generally reply "and then who'd be here to help you?"
          I just had to imagine this situation...

SC: "if you're going to eat, you should take your lunch break."
          You: Standing up, walking right out of the door. "Be back in 30 minutes."
          SC:
          http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
          Melody Gardot

Comment

Obviously someone did not read Chapter U from "The Alphabet of Manliness!" O_O
            "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

WAHAHAHA!!!!! The OP practically had me rolling with laughter. My ribs still hurt. If someone had followed me into the restroom to pester me about their wants and whims while I was taking a break, I'd probably have told them to go to hell and how to get there.

When I worked at K-Mart, I would take my vest off when it was time for a break or lunch. Otherwise, it never failed that some customer would pester me for assistance and waste my time, or complain that I wasn't being helpful if I mentioned being on break.

I mean, there was one incident in which I was off the clock. I was heading across the store to do some quick grocery shopping before going home. I'd taken my vest off and was pushing a cart. I was wearing no vest, name tag or any indication that I was on the clock. I stopped to look at something on a display, and happened to be near the baby stuff. This woman sits a car seat in my cart, and asks me to wheel it up to customer service for her. I told her I was off the clock, but would call someone to help her. She just made that indignant hmph that I dared to refuse her request. I called for assistance, set the car seat back on the shelf, and told her someone should be along shortly. By the time I checked out, she was at the checkouts, too. She spotted me, and made a bee line for the service desk, pointing and gesturing. I walked out to my car as if I didn't notice because I really didn't care. Nothing more was said of it.

Then, there was the time that at 3 a.m., which was my lunch hour, some jerkoff decides he wants to look at video games. So, I get called to open electronics. I never understood why they bothered to close electronics when I worked there because they were always reopening it for customers despite having signs posted saying that electronics was closed from 10 p.m.-7 a.m. Anyway, I'm reasonably irritated at being called, so I just ignore it. Finally, the cashier calls the break room, and the manager answers. He asks me to take care of it and keeps sitting there. So, I ask if he's going to extend my lunch hour since I'm expected to take care of this. He did tell me that I could extend my lunch hour. This guy ended up looking around for 15-20 minutes, then decided he didn't want to buy anything. I was furious, and I did make several smart remarks about people not having sense enough to read signs, and that closing electronics was a waste of time if we were still going to let people in there. I'm surprised I didn't get in trouble over that, but it was ridiculous. I made a comment to one of the team leaders about it, and she replied that that was exactly why she went to her car for breaks and lunches. She smoked, but more than that, she was out of range of being paged.
              The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

I burst out laughing at the OP; that was hilarious. And that lady was RIDICULOUS. I wonder what she would have done had you gone SC-like on her? Come out, "HOW DARE YOU. You're invading my privacy! Have you no sense of decency?" and ranted and raved indignantly without letting her get a word in edgewise.

Actually, I bet it would have worked best if you could have worked up a few tears, like you were utterly traumatized by someone following you into the bathroom. It would be a good experiment to see if SCs really do have souls in there somewhere.

Comment

Quoth novicecrafter View Post

I was at a chain bookstore yesterday and witnessed
                  a really annoying/rude sc. The employee helped her and went on break. Well.. we both went into the bathroom at the same time and the sc followed a few min later. Aparently she thought I was the employee and started asking me questions WHILE I WAS USING THE BATHROOM.
                  (Bolding mine)

Am I the only one to notice that the OP was just another customer, and NOT an employee on break or otherwise?

I do not think I would have been even halfway polite in setting the SC straight!
                  Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
                    (Bolding mine)

Am I the only one to notice that the OP was just another customer, and NOT an employee on break or otherwise?

I do not think I would have been even halfway polite in setting the SC straight!
                    No, you are not the only one to notice that.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
                      (Bolding mine)

No, no, I caught that, too. If it had been me, I probably would have come out of the stall and went a complained about a person in the bathroom harassing people. But I'm just evil that way!
                      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Usually I get a quippped or sarcastic "if you're going to eat, you should take your lunch break."

Welcome to working at a gas station, as more than a few of us here can attest.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

When I first started working at a concession in Borders, the store had newly opened and the staff loos hadn't been opened yet so we had to use the customer ones. I used to get customers asking me questions whilst I was washing my hands or doing my make up. Sigh.
                          No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

I would probably take this golden opportunity to point people towards the hiring department of your store. Or at least to the boss who can't be arsed to hire enough people to cover your breaks.

As for the OP, you're a better person than I, there would be a lot of vulgarity spewing out towards that stupid twit woman, although I'd probably have to wait and go to a manager with the employee in the event that the hag thought it was the employee cussing her out.

Comment

I'd reread it later, and caught that the OP was written by another customer in the store. Either way, the SC was just plain ridiculous bothering anyone in the restroom. That's just not a good time for anyone to try to talk to me other than maybe a nod of acknowledgement or quick greeting in passing. Someone who acts out like that deserves to be told to go to hell and how to get there.
                              The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth Shabo View Post
                                WTF? doesn't she know the unspoken rule of not talking in the women's room?!
                                I wish someone would explain this to my employees... my staff is 99% women, and they have no hesitation, whatsoever, in following me into the bathroom and trying to keep up a detailed conversation regarding work while I'm trying to do my 'personal business'.

I tried the "what? Sorry? I couldn't hear you over my peeing" stance, and they just thought it was funny...

:P

Comment

Working...
                                X