Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check the tags on those shirts and see what the base shirt is.

I bought a shirt at Walmart (I was driving & the other person was using a gift certificate, or I wouldn't have been there at all), and it was rather less than durable. Less than a year and the collar and cuffs were notably frayed.

However, the blouse & pants I'm wearing right now were bought on that same trip and are doing much, much better.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I don't have a problem with talking to strangers, per say, but I do get jittery when I'm walking around a store alone or with my friend's child and some older guy approaches and starts a conversation. This may be because of my severe dislike of older men, but whatever.

I've gotten used to ide chit chat with strangers after all the random people at the factory started talking to me out of the blue. I guess one of the good things about where I work is you can always find someone to chit chat with at work. There's only one "clique", and that's the ol bunch of bitches.

The other day at Wal-Mart, I was pushing my cart to my car, trying desperately to steer it in the opposite direction of the gusty, wicked high speed wind and the forethcoming rain. An older man in a suit was walking up the other direction, and said to me, "Funny how the weather is only this miserable on the weekends!"

I answered, "No doubt about it, sir!" and went about my way. That was random polite idle chit chat.

Back on topic.....right after I first quit at the gas station and I'd stop there right after work in the morning at the factory, old regular SCs would be there, and would joke "Can't ever get enough of this place, har har har har!" or "I thought you quit! har har har!".........No shit, Sherlock. Perhaps I had a great work relationship with my manager and I still wanted to see how she was doing and how the store was being ran? Ever think of anyone but yourselves, SCs? No, didn't think so......it's always all about THEM. Like I'd make time out of my day to see THEM.....pffft.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth bannedanna View Post
        Not to be mean, but I probably would. I REALLY hate talking to strangers. I'm a total introvert ...
        First, there's a difference between being shy and being rude.

Second, how do you work in retail/customer service if your such an introvert and hate talking to strangers? 99% of my job is approaching and/or conversating with complete strangers...
        "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
        HellGate: London

Comment

I found the OP's responses to be overly rude as well... I'm glad someone else brought it up first *blush* I'd have just told him I left for another job and walked away. None of his business, but he didn't do anything to warrant the abuse either.
          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
            As far as it goes I kind of feel like this guy really didn't warrent such a mean response
            ITA, he may have asked a somewhat silly question..but it didn't seem like he meant any harm at all. Just making general conversation, no reason to be rude to someone for that IMO.

Comment

Upon second reading of that- that was a little harsh.

But- I don't think the original statement of, " I got tired of stupid people asking me stupid questions" was necessarily meant to be rude....

The guy didn't have to go on about "That's that rude girl I told you about"...

two wrongs don't make a right, but...I dunno. Still must have been satisfying knowing there was nothing a manager could do about it...

Those things are probably more thoughts I would hold in my head rather than say out loud. And I'd have to be in a pretty bad mood. I'm a talker. I'll talk to anyone about just about anything...for as long as we are both interested in chattering.
              I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Working...
              X