This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found somebody's gum.

I was in Safeway earlier tonight and when I went to open one of the freezer doors I felt something sticky, so I look down and some jackass had stuck his gum on the inside of the door handle. I mean I expect that under a table at a restaurant but you have to be a real prick to stick it someplace like that.

Did you check to see if it had any flavor left? Cause usually when its still that sticky, there's enough flavor left in it to make it enjoyable for half an hour or so.
    ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Flavor

Well, I think it's nice to share, sharing gum is something I've never been big on. It's a good way to get mono!

Comment

ewwwwww, I hate when that happens. I was never big on sharing gum
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth Parts_Drone View Post
          I was in Safeway earlier tonight and when I went to open one of the freezer doors I felt something sticky, so I look down and some jackass had stuck his gum on the inside of the door handle. I mean I expect that under a table at a restaurant but you have to be a real prick to stick it someplace like that.
          Suggestion for a less gross method of removal.

Get one of those compressed airduster cans. Turn the sucker upside down so you get the liquid stuff coming out of it. Spray the wad of gum with a lot of the stuff to freeze the gum.

Now you can take a pencil or something and chip it off in once piece and then can just wipe the spot down to clear off any sugar residue and germs.

M
          I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

That is just nasty...But I was stocking the other night and on the bottom shelf just laying there was a huge wad of chewing gum fresh with teeth marks and all,....Some people.....
            I Have Nothing But The Thoughts Of Uselessness

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
              Suggestion for a less gross method of removal.

Get one of those compressed airduster cans. Turn the sucker upside down so you get the liquid stuff coming out of it. Spray the wad of gum with a lot of the stuff to freeze the gum.

Now you can take a pencil or something and chip it off in once piece and then can just wipe the spot down to clear off any sugar residue and germs.

M

Will that work if it's stuck in someone's hair?
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I find some stuck between bags of breads. hmmmmm yummy.
                Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                  Peanut butter is your friend. Smear it in, wait a bit, then BAM. Out it comes, without cutting out a patch of hair. Worked all the time when i was little.

Comment

That happened to me once on an elevator, someone had stuck gum behind the handrail and I put my hand right on it. Gross. Happened to my brother at Disney World too. People are disgusting!
                    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                      Possibly, but unless the person has long hair and the gum is stuck at the ends...the threat of frostbite is too great to chance it.

Remember that stuff is a gas in liquid form. Most of that stuff can hit -50 degrees.

Peanut butter is a lot safer and thanks largely to the oils in it, works amazingly well.

Mongo
                      I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Why are some people so disgusting? I always try to keep my gum wrapper, and if I lose it, there's always napkins or something to wrap the now-flavorless gum in.

Some people suck.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I swallow mine.
                          ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Once on a visit to McDonald's when I was little, I reached for the salt only to find an enormous, cold, slimy booger on the saltshaker... so remember, it could always be worse.
                            Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
                              Possibly, but unless the person has long hair and the gum is stuck at the ends...the threat of frostbite is too great to chance it.

Remember that stuff is a gas in liquid form. Most of that stuff can hit -50 degrees.

Peanut butter is a lot safer and thanks largely to the oils in it, works amazingly well.

Mongo
                              = it was a joke.
                              Quote Dalesys:
                              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
                              X