This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people need to die...

Slow, painful deaths involving rabid ferrets, sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their foreheads, and a vat of razor-filled, boiling oil.

I'm currently the only closer for the convenience store where I work. Our other two closers have both been fired within a span of about five days. The first because he was a victim to a very elaborate and sophisticated scam involving the PINs for those pay-as-you-go cell phones that cost the store $600. The second because she tried to pull a fast one involving a medical excuse, but was later seen around town acting quite healthy indeed. Thus, "I am the last one." (Gods help me and anyone else who knows where that came from.)

Here's a few of the morons I've had to deal with on yesterday's surprise twelve hour shift.

The Bankmen
    You know these idiots. These are the ones who come in and demand you break a bill for change so they can do their laundry and whatnot. Without buying anything. Gods forbid they haul their lazy asses to the bank while it's open. Typical convo went like this:

BM: "Can you break this ten/twenty/fifty/hundred?"
    Me: "Sorry, can't open the register unless you purchase something, and I only have three dollars in quarters in my drawer as it is."
    BM: "Then let me buy those rolls of quarters over there." *Points at safe where there's a split roll of quarters.*
    Me: "Sorry, we cannot sell our quarter rolls."
    BM: "Why not?!" *getting pissed, which pleases my masters*
    Me: "Because those are for the registers. If we sell them, then we have none for when we run out, like I will in about one hour." *I've gotten good at guessing when I'll need new coin rolls. I was off by twenty minutes. I blame the unexpected rush.*
    BM: "I need coins for laundry! What the fuck am I supposed to do now?!"
    Me: "Might I suggest a bank?"
    BM: "They're closed!"
    Me *shrugging*: "Sucks for you then, sorry. Next!" *Yes, I did say that to one of the more obnoxious ones, with the manager right next to me no less. I think her being in a bad mood was the only reason I didn't get nailed for that.*

The Welfare Leech
    This is one scumbag in particular I'd love to set on fire and take bets on how long he did the flambe dance. He's this nasty, scummy guy who always wears a leather jacket, even in the summer. He doesn't work even though he' s perfectly capable, and uses EBT like it's going out of style. He spent over three hundred dollars on junk food yesterday, and was bragging about reselling most of it at the fireworks display last night. Every time I see him heading towards our store, I want to point at him a la Evil Monkey and scream, "BEGONE FOUL LEECH! OUR TWINKIES AND HO-HO'S ARE NOT FOR THE LIKES OF YOU! GET THEE TO A REAL JOB!"

The manager still refuses to let me taser him and stuff him in the dumpster on trash day.

Thuggy McLacksabelt
    This semi-amusing schmuck comes in every few days to hassle me and buy smokes. He hassles me by never having his ID, because at this point, I merely card him out of spite. Hearing him swearing while doing the pimp-walk back to his riced out little Honda Civic is music to my ears only overshadowed by the voice of Rogue from Cruxshadows or Roy Khan of Kamelot.

Yesterday, he decided it would be smart to insinuate threats against my person. Bravo, Thuggy, bravo. You're a five eight idiot who'd be lucky to weigh one thirty if double-dipped in cement. I'm the five ten, two hundred and ten pound of surly clerk currently in training for enlistment for the Marines. Oh, and did I mention the two, freshly sharpened machetes in the trunk of my car? Hey! Where're you going? Come back! I gotta carve some intelligence into that wooden head of yours!

Granny Swear
    I should be pissed at you, but I could only stand in awe at the sheer beauty in which you could string those swears together. Such brutal music rarely seen outside a sailor's convention. Please, teach me, mold me. Make me capable of verbally flaying people alive.

*Takes a deep breath* So, how was your Saturday?
    Last edited by The Scaly Bard; 07-08-2007, 07:47 PM.

.... not nearly as interesting as yours!!
    What a wonderful thing humanity is-- passionate, intelligent, inquisitive, generous, fully of hope and joy, noble of spirit, and above all... delicious! -- LaCroix

Comment

I agree, some people need to die and then spend eternity in hell fellating dead weasels with a paper straw.

Comment

Quoth The Scaly Bard View Post
        Granny Swear
        I should be pissed at you, but I could only stand in awe at the sheer beauty in which you could string those swears together. Such brutal music rarely seen outside a sailor's convention. Please, teach me, mold me. Make me capable of verbally flaying people alive.

*snerk*

God, I want to BE this woman when I'm old, except I'd use my powers for good only...well, at least mostly...
        "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

i want to be that granny too; let's form a snarky old wenches troupe, junior, and flay those morons for the good of mankind!

well, card him out of spite and because you'd lose your job if you got caught; sigh, what is it with people who can't figure out from repeat episodes to CARRY THAT ID ON THEM, rather than piss, moan and whine. oh, the sc factor...sorry.

as for the change guy, plan ahead; laundry isn't a big surprise and i'm sure you had ample opportunity to get change-laziness isn't a valid reason for annoying people.

welfare rider boy...fall off a cliff into razorblads, then run through cold rubbing alcohol for all eternity, scumbag!
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Might I suggest Laundry Boy find a laundromatte that has a change machine? I'm sure there's at least one around. Or a bowling alley? Arcade? There's gotta be something...
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              Might I suggest Laundry Boy find a laundromatte that has a change machine? I'm sure there's at least one around. Or a bowling alley? Arcade? There's gotta be something...
              Just about every laundromat I have ever been in has had a change machine. This guy is a tool.

And I have been in several, as I spent a year and a half traveling the US once. Of course, I am talking about professional laundromats, not laundry rooms in apartment complexes or the like. Be that as it may, my original comment stands....this guy is a tool.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                There is a change machine there, but apparently it doesn't work. According to town legend #24, the laundromat is owned by a retired mafioso. Apparently, he makes people disappear when they whine about the change machine. I call bullshit, but it's enough for these mouth-breathing knuckle-draggers to come across the street to my store and demand change.

The sad thing is, practically everyone knows the easiest thing to do is just insert a bill in the Coke machine at the 'mat, then hit the return change button to get quarters.

Comment

Such brutal music rarely seen outside a sailor's convention.
                  You mean Fleet Week (ah! good times)!

Comment

I've got such a filthy mouth, it used to bother me that I couldn't really kick the habit (well, I've managed to kick it when my daughter is around, then I sound like a nun.) so envisioning myself as a foul-mouthed old lady one day kind of bothered me. I mean, it is not an attractive habit.

Probably by the time I reach that age, however, I'll be like "Ah, fuck it. "

Comment

Quoth The Scaly Bard View Post
                      Slow, painful deaths involving rabid ferrets, sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their foreheads, and a vat of razor-filled, boiling oil.
                      Sorry, all we've got are ill-tempered mutated sea bass!
                      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

As a deputy sheriff, I ran into people all the time that I would pull over for a traffic infraction, and they would not have their license (naturally.) My favorite line was, "What are you doing driving on my roads without your license?" Of course, then I would run them in the computer, and half the time, they either had no license at all, or their license was suspended or revoked. In the event they did have a licnese, but didn't have it with them, I wrote them a ticket for no licnese in possession. The ticket acted as a temporary licfense until they went home and got it. No license meant a ticket, and the car was turned over to a licensed driver, if they could get one to our location within 20 minutes. For a suspended or revoked, I towed the car, and the person went to the pokey. The Sheriff hated my citation book holder, but never told me not to use it. It was aluminum, and I could set out one citation set to write. On it was a sticker, " I don't take any sh*t, I don't give any sh*t, I'm not in the sh*t business."

Comment

Starlord, you'd have a field day at my store then. I can't tell you the number of morons here who get pissy about having to be carded right before going outside and driving away. It's truly frightening that these carpet-lickers are driving. Sadly, can't do anything about the walkers except maybe take them out back and beat them.

Comment

I get people at the cell phone store regularly enough who don't have ID on them. It makes me cringe when I know they drove in....
                            I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              This guy is a tool.
                              Hammer? Screwdriver? Allen wrench?
                              Last edited by Becks; 07-09-2007, 04:56 PM. Reason: meh
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X