Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mother of the year tries to get me fired.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother of the year tries to get me fired.

At the petrol station, there are seven things we have to look out for before we can even authorise a pump for use. One of these is that every single person using the pump has to be over sixteen years of age. This is the story of a woman not only ignorant of this fact, but also ignorant of everything.

Mother Of The Year (MOTY) turned up at the petrol station accompanied by her young son. I'm not very good on children's ages, but since he was wearing school uniform, I'm guessing five or six years at the most. In any case, definitely not sixteen. MOTY started off by holding the hose herself and correctly placing it in her SUV. When the pump was switched on, she handed it to her son and wandered off to the left. I immediately stopped the pump. MOTY came back, presumably in response to her son's shout of, "Mummy, the pump stopped!" and took it off him, seemingly taking over the task.

Silly me, I assumed that she had seen the error of her ways and restarted the pump. But get this, the moment it restarted, she did exactly the same thing; handed the hose to her kid and wandered off. Needless to say, I stopped the pump again. This time, it obviously was made clear to MOTY that the pump was not stopping by itself, but being stopped by me. She came storming into the kiosk.

"Stop switching my pump off!" she screamed at me. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

I replied, "I'm sorry, but it's against the law to allow an under sixteen to operate the pump."

"What kind of stupid law is that?" she shrieked. "I was there all the time, supervising him. I'm going to complain and get you fired, you stupid bitch!"

She paid for the small amount of petrol she'd gotten, served by my colleague as I refused to serve her, and stormed out. By this time, I'd picked up the phone out back and called the manager over the road, Craig, to give him a heads up on the deranged woman heading in his direction, including what had happened and how rude she'd been to me. Later, he came over to see me about it. Apparently, MOTY had shouted her complaint at him, denied having been rude, and had lied about the incident, claiming that I'd stopped her pump twice for no reason.

"OK," Craig had said. "If that's the case, then the CCTV will back you up."

MOTY had gone strangely silent at that. I'd already found the footage on the camera, and it clearly showed MOTY wandering off, leaving her young son at the pump. Craig then told her that he wasn't going to do anything as I had acted correctly, and would she please leave as she was now banned. MOTY had stormed out, swearing revenge.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

"You haven't heard the last of meeeee!" she cried like some 1980s cartoon villain as she drove off, shaking her fist.

Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

And you just KNOW she'll be back!

But at least this time you can refuse service!

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
        "You haven't heard the last of meeeee!" she cried like some 1980s cartoon villain as she drove off, shaking her fist.

I wish there was a like button, that made me giggle. XD

Quoth eltf177 View Post
        And you just KNOW she'll be back!

But at least this time you can refuse service!
        I expect she'll come back and try her luck; a lot of banned SCs have to be told dozens of times and/or threatened with police action cuz they think that we can't possibly mean what we say when we ban them.

I've also had SCs act surprised when I've refused to serve them after they'd just sworn at me.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Curse you Lace Neil Singer!
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Why am I getting a mental image of Dr. Claw saying, "I'll get you next time, Gadget. NEXT TIME!"
            This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

She was probably late for her meeting with the Legion of Doom. She sits between the scarecrow guy and the green-skinned guy with a jockstrap on his head.

Comment

See if you can get the video posted when you finally have mommy dearest arrested.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

What your boss should have done is have her fill out a report.. with her address.. that way you can nail her legally

Comment

"You haven't heard the last of meeeee!"
                    "No, but the first of you turns my stomach!"

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
                      Why am I getting a mental image of Dr. Claw saying, "I'll get you next time, Gadget. NEXT TIME!"
                      I got the same thing.
                      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth Sandman View Post
                        What your boss should have done is have her fill out a report.. with her address.. that way you can nail her legally
                        I agree. Some people need the legal system to teach them the lesson. I feel sorry for that child with a mother like that.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                          I got the same thing.
                          My work here is done.
                          Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

If she shows up again, and happens to absent-mindedly pull up at a certain pump that's supposed to have a bigger nozzle than the others but due to a maintenance screwup has a normal nozzle, I'd let her fill her tank - even if she had her kid holding the nozzle.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

In America it says "No one under 16 who is not a registered driver can operate blahblahblah it's illegal bc of code blahblahblah" in bold letters on the nozzle. Does Britain not have that? Or maybe she's illiterate.

The way I see it, she tried to get you in trouble, you should return the favor. Besides, you might just save her sons life by alerting the authorities to her stupidity. Letting a small child operate a piece of machinery that spews toxic gas, great idea right?!

Comment

Working...
                              X