X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brothers

Quoth DarthRetard View Post
    earl, i'm going to have to, as a graduated student in the good old south florida, contest you on that race statement. We have no such incentives here whatsoever. I would like to know which schools they were so I can look into it.
    My Brothers were in Miami Florida in 1978-1980. I am sure but am willing to go and ask them to confirm the exact date and the school.

My family is Black, here in Canada the only thing we were given any lee-way on was learning French as we came from England/Jamaica and had no French training background unlike most kids here in Ontario.

To my brothers the school they went to in Miami was a hell as none of the students cared about learning, and the teachers hands were tied up by regulations. It is a mark how bad it was that my parents were willing to return to the winters of Canada just for my brothers to go to public schools that they could trust.

I don't know if this is a Florida thing, a Miami thing, a Local Region thing, or just a single school thing. But it was my two brother's experience, and they hated it.

Comment

Quoth Deanna Darkstone View Post
      Kids are getting stupider and stupider with each passing generation. They can effortlessly make illegal downloads, use iPhones with ease... but they can't enunciate, think for themselves, or ask/answer simple questions.

Jeez, I sound like a cranky old fart... and I'm only 25!
      Don't worry, I agree, and I'm 21

Comment

I didn't like kids when I was a kid. I spent my junior prom, in full dress and make-up, sitting in the lobby with the teachers discussing the recent rise of the Dow Jones to over 11,000, while the rest of the kids were in the next room getting drunk on Listerine and stolen vodka.

Still, being so much smarter and more...eh, mentally agile than they were, meant it was easy to make the puppets dance...
        "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Earl, I don't dispute that our education system is the shittiest thing since the McRib Sandwich, i was talking about getting by in classes because of race dude.

Comment

Dates

Quoth DarthRetard View Post
            Earl, I don't dispute that our education system is the shittiest thing since the McRib Sandwich, i was talking about getting by in classes because of race dude.
            Look at the dates I posted in the reply before. I just realized while I was at work that that was THIRTY(30) years ago. Things are sure have changed since then.

On the other hand, think of the type of kids my brothers were talking about. Imagine what type of parents they grew into today! These are not the type of people that I see trying to encourage their kids today to study, study, study. They will be like most of today's sucky customers, expecting that if they find the right angle they can by-pass all the rules/procedures/work.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
              Welcome to the club! Would you like a cane or walker?
              A cane! One with a short sword hidden in it, preferably!
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                A cane! One with a short sword hidden in it, preferably!
                With warthog ivory handle, please.

Comment

Children, like adults, come in all levels of intelligence and maturity. I know some kids who act more like adults than some adults I know. I really do know some who impress me, and I'm not easily impressed by anyone or anything. I hate to say it, but I know some rather childish adults. They drive me insane with their stupidity and obnoxiousness.

Speaking of feeling like a cranky old-timer, I'm 29 and could easily live as a hermit given the choice. I just hate being around large groups of people, especially if I don't know but a few of them. I'm thoroughly a home body.
                  The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
                    Speaking of feeling like a cranky old-timer, I'm 29 and could easily live as a hermit given the choice. I just hate being around large groups of people, especially if I don't know but a few of them. I'm thoroughly a home body.
                    hear hear! ('Cept I'm 22. )
                    Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                      Look at the dates I posted in the reply before. I just realized while I was at work that that was THIRTY(30) years ago. Things are sure have changed since then.

Yeah, we dont have race incentives anymore. I asked my grandfather about it, and he told me that it was that way back then. Dang man.

Comment

Good gourd! If you "kids" are needing canes or walkers in your twenties, I must be DEAD!

I'll be 49 next month!

Mike
                        Meow.........

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
                          Good gourd! If you "kids" are needing canes or walkers in your twenties, I must be DEAD!

I'll be 49 next month!

Mike
                          We don't need them, they're for use in whalloping whipersnappers and getting sympathy and scoring the sweet seats on the bus.
                          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Kids and tweens just ANNOY me more than anything else.

The things they get away with......the things they get away with wearing......the illegal things they do but don't get punished because of their rights as a minor.....

Stupid kids.....I hate them. And I'm talking about the 12 year olds who go around beating the shit out of other kids.
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Cane needs and design

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                              We don't need them, they're for use in whalloping whipersnappers and getting sympathy and scoring the sweet seats on the bus.
                              I am 50, I don't need a cane to walk. I need one to use on the lazy teenagers at my work place.

Really, what I need it the kind that when you jab a person with it, it inject a poison pill that kills them sometime later to make it hard to track down the culprit.

On the other-hand I expect the police to clue in on where to look after the third/fourth one kicks the bucket.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                                Welcome to the club! Would you like a cane or walker?
                                I see the same thing and I'm 38 . . .

Don't bother with the cane or walker. I'll just take Mom's electric chair out for a spin.
                                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                                X