X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Cutenoob View Post
    RG:

Do you have a friend that can help you?

Getting rid of excess earwax isnt that hard. You can use Ear Candles, which are waxed papers rolled up, and they "use" the excess ear wax inside the ear, wicking it up and out as the papers burn. (I dont know how to do this one tho)

Or

You could get an old towel, a syringe, saline and hydrogen peroxide. And a friend.

Put normal strength hp into the syringe. Flood clogged ear with hp. Roll head over to dump liquid. Repeat. Gradually the bubbles will help pull the cloggy out, gradually pulling to the top. (dad did this w/ a friend's kid, the blob was the size of a peanut...SHELLED PEANUT.)

You can rinse ear w/ the saline, and then get a piece of chewing gum - chew it and soften it...then stuff into ear...Or use earplug. Because your head will be imbalanced when it's hearing things, it will need a day or 2 to get used to it.

You should be able to goto a 24hr clinic and ask for excess ear wax removal, and they can do it.

But please don't ignore it, you CAN trap bacteria and crud in there and harm self.

Yeah, don't feel bad. I actually have to problem where my ears produce too much ear wax and I amnot permitted to use q-tips.

q-tips are the WORST things to use when you have that problem as it kind of just shoves the earwax into the back and makes a nice little ear-tampon (xD behold the visual!) that not only makes you deaf, but hurts like hell.

I had to go to the e.r once. The pain was so bad I thought I had an ear infection that had popped.

On a side note, I hate being condecended to as well.

I'm glad I work as a csr with a compny that doesn't take stupid people on the line.
    "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Quoth WHShit View Post
      ask me if I "was sure" that I knew how to spell
      "Sir/Ma'am/asshole, can you spell 'Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis? No? I can. I had to be given extra words on spelling tests in Third grade because I was such an amazing speller. I still am, and could probably spell circles around you. In fact... C-i-r-c-l-e-s-a-r-o-you know where that's going."
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

How many of you who have ear troubles are taking any kind of allergy/sinus medication? The reason I ask is that I have bad allergy/sinus problems. My wife's medical insurance coverage on me finally went into effect a few months ago, so I was able to see a doctor for my problems. Among other things, I had a real hard time with ear infections because so much drainage would build up in my inner ears. Not to gross anyone out, but I'd literally have to boil the dried crust out of my ears with hydrogen peroxide every day to keep it under control. I'd also have real intense throat itching and burning because of all the drainage and inflammation it caused. So, I finally got to see a doctor for it a few months ago, and he put me on a Flonase prescription (nasal steroid spray) for my allergy symptoms. It's made a world of difference in the condition of my ears and throat.
        The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

There are stronger things than hydrogen peroxide that are available OTC. I think it's called hydrogen carbamide or something like that, but you shouldsfind ear wax removal systems in the ear drop aisle. I used to have a lot of problemx with build up, but I use that stuff preventatively and I haven't had to have my ears professionally cleaned in a while. Which believe me is saying a lot (I sneer at the wee size of the 'peanut-sized' blob of wax)

Comment

Working...
          X