This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop quiz

So, you decide you want to sign up for a service that provides emergency roadside assistance. The same day you join the club, is the same day of your first call. Not a problem, this happens all the time. However, as a first time user of the service do you:

a) be grateful that such a company exists that you can sign up today and get service the same day

b) ask pertinent questions regarding how service is performed as you have never utilized this service before

c) before your service call is even dispatched demand to know the name of the towing company and their phone number so that you have it in case you need to sue them.

If you answered "c" then you have passed the sucky customer exam. Thank you...you may now commence to reading other posts.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Well, crap. I failed. I think I forgot where I was.
    MySpace

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
      c) before your service call is even dispatched demand to know the name of the towing company and their phone number so that you have it in case you need to sue them.
      Normally I admire someone who plans ahead for all possibilities. This, however, is taking this just a bit too far.
      I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Wait, he wants to know the name of the towing company so he can sue them?!

FRIVOLITY!!

Err...ahh...

OBJECTION!!

Yeah, that's the ticket.
        You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Quoth gunsage View Post
          Wait, he wants to know the name of the towing company so he can sue them?!

Yeah, the key here is his call hadn't even been dispatched to a station yet. He wanted it, "just in case".

In the end, it was discovered that the car in question was not eligible for service because it had invalid plates. I wonder if we'll get sued?
          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Almost broke rule #1 here. Almost only, because my brain froze while bringing my bottle to my mouth when I read answer C.
            "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

ya, thoese people always want the number of the towing company. they tell us in training not to give it out.

usually because they will keep calling to complain about how long it takes. and thoes facili8ties barely want us to talk much less some whining idiot.
              My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

How can you know the number of the towing company before the call's dispatched even? Aren't there several companies that are used for your service? And it would just depend on who's available? Jeez, sorry, using that "logic" thing again. I'll try and stop that
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                X