This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
    So, see? That lady had no excuse to complain ... there are plenty "adult only" vacation activities to do. I bet even nudist resorts are adult only.
    Very few. Those are mostly swinger clubs. The hippy dippy nudists try quite a bit to differentiate themselves from swingers and try to keep their places family friendly, mostly.

A coworker of mine is a nudist and sometimes I read some of his materials when left laying around or up in a browser window. There are some pretty interresting things going on in the nudist world.

They are getting old (the average age is something like 50.). They want their lifestyle to continue but younger people aren't interrested. I can understand this. What 20somthing is going to be interrested in lawn bowling and shuffleboard. Nudity adds noting to boring activities.

But the real problem is that young people don't want to hang out with old people listening to moldy oldies and talking about their health.

One thing he left up in the browser was about a nudist colony that banned children. And they wonder why they can't attract younger people. People in their 20's and 30's tend to have children.

I'm rather indiffernt to nudism myself. If I were a beach person I would go to a nude beach. Swimming in clothing is dumb. A nude waterpark would be a good idea. That's just dressing for the occasion. But, the idea of going out of the way to do things where clothing isn't a hinderance nekkid strikes me as kind of dumb.
    Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
      Oh my god! I hate kids too! Look! They're all over my hotel! OH NOOOES! I should BAN THEM!

Yeah, not happening.
      I'd like to ban mine from the house some days.

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
        A nude waterpark would be a good idea. That's just dressing for the occasion. But, the idea of going out of the way to do things where clothing isn't a hinderance nekkid strikes me as kind of dumb.
        that's actually a good idea... if they put one of those in Utah I might just have to try the whole nudist thing. (though I wouldn't be surprised if I found out one of my roommates was a nudist)
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

A nude waterpark would be a good idea.
          I don't know about that. I'm a great fan of waterparks, and some of those slides can hurt a little even with a suit on.

For a wave pool or lazy river, though...sure, why not?

Comment

Quoth CarcinogenCrunchies View Post
            I don't know about that. I'm a great fan of waterparks, and some of those slides can hurt a little even with a suit on.
            that's what those little foam pads are for... which are nice with (or I'd assume without) a suit... kinda wish Lagoon had those, because they do have some slides that kinda hurt.
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth BarbieGirl View Post
              They have both family and adult resorts!
              yep...

Beaches is for family
              and Sandals is for adults (typically caters to couples). They're the same company.

There are also many cruise lines that offer cruises for 21+ only and ones (like the one I was on in March) that are family/kid friendly that have a day-camp kind of thing for the kids. At lunch time they would do this cute little march through the buffet area and do their marching chant. It was the only times I felt truly homesick for my kids that week.
              "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                that's what those little foam pads are for... which are nice with (or I'd assume without) a suit... kinda wish Lagoon had those, because they do have some slides that kinda hurt.
                Yeah... have you ever gone up onto the side of a waterslide and hit bare skin against the dry part of the tube?
                "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

But, the idea of going out of the way to do things where clothing isn't a hinderance nekkid strikes me as kind of dumb.
                  Actually, I can confirm it. My parents used to have a place in a local nudist camp. There was a guy there nicknamed Long John (for the obvious reason, so yes your dirty little minds are correct). He liked to do woodwork and the sort outside, wearing only a tool belt. Then he slipped with his circular saw one day and...er, came up short...

So, yes, turns out clothes, and especially protective clothing & gear can be very important. And, honestly, I know he was just doing it to show off, but just how many times can you get sawdust where you don't want it before clothing seems like a good idea?

Comment

Quoth retaildrone View Post
                    I'd like to ban mine from the house some days.
                    Preach it! I mean I love my children!

When I'm away from my children, the last thing I want is to be near someone else's, but to try to ban them? Yeah, not even I'm that extreme.
                    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth hopie144 View Post
                      There are places like that....it's called Sandals Resorts. I'm sure there are other places also, but I know about Sandals cause that's where my bf wants to take me.
                      Really? O.o

I've never actually heard of that. Thanks!
                      "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

Quoth FuzzyKitten99 View Post
                        Yeah... have you ever gone up onto the side of a waterslide and hit bare skin against the dry part of the tube?
                        Did that on a regular slide, actually.

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
                        There was a guy there nicknamed Long John (for the obvious reason, so yes your dirty little minds are correct). He liked to do woodwork and the sort outside, wearing only a tool belt. Then he slipped with his circular saw one day and...er, came up short...
                        Do they call him Little John now?

Does he hang out with Robin Hood and Friar Tuck?

Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth MoxisPilot View Post
                          Really? O.o

I've never actually heard of that. Thanks!

You're welcome!!

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                            ...Then why do they generally have laughing children in their commercials? Particularly when they show the part with the pools and such.
                            Sandals Resorts caters to couples only, while its sister company, Beaches, accommodates everyone -- families and friends, couples and singles. Located on the palm-fringed shores of Jamaica, Antigua, St. Lucia and the Bahamas, the couples-only Sandals resorts are truly romantic getaways where you can do as much -- or as little -- as you wish. The company's “Ultra All-Inclusive” concept makes Sandals vacations easy to budget: One upfront price includes unlimited meals and snacks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, non-motorized water sports, land activities, accommodations and tipping.

http://www.resortvacationstogo.com/H...s_Resorts.html

Oops sorry...I didn't see the explanation before mine....
                            Last edited by hopie144; 07-29-2008, 06:13 PM.

Comment

You know, I get that kids can be annoying, but guess what adults!

You were kids once too! And you played and giggled and annoyed adults too.

Deal with it or make better travel plans.

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
                                You know, I get that kids can be annoying, but guess what adults!

You were kids once too! And you played and giggled and annoyed adults too.

Deal with it or make better travel plans.

Thank you! My thoughts exactly!

Comment

Working...
                                X