Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I periodically get calls for the St Vincent DePaul store (kind of like Goodwill and Salvation Army) from elderly citizens who are looking to donate large objects like furniture. The problem had to do with how people were writing the phone number down. A hastily scrawled 0 can look a lot like a 6.
    "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

I play wow too. Although, I have a bad habit of starting too many characters and not focusing on any one in particular. I don't have any high level chars.

One of my friends growing up was asked his phone number by a teacher. When he gave it to her, she copied it down wrong by switching two of the numbers. She called later that day to talk to his parents about his problems in school and to her surprise got a very strange message "(Automated voice) Area 10 is secure....*beep* *beep* Area 10 is secure *beep* *beep*"

We all had a laugh about that

Comment

Quoth Lostfiniel View Post
        I play wow too. Although, I have a bad habit of starting too many characters and not focusing on any one in particular. I don't have any high level chars.
        I have 48 chars under level 10 and 2 over level 40 *innocent*
        MMO Addicts group

Comment

The hotel phone number is very similar to a pharmacy number. We get calls occasionally with people asking when their order will be ready, store hours, mainly just general stuff. Most people are nice about it when we tell them they have the wrong number. But one time this woman just kept calling and calling. She would ask each time "Is this So & So Pharmacy?" No, and it wasn't the last three times you called

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
            we also had the people who would call to place an order - and remember I am a pre-teen, teen when all this is taking place - I fully admit their were days that I would be annoyed and just act like I was taking the order - when they asked for total and when it would be ready - I told them to hang up and call the right number and they can get that information.
            If the caller's a jerk, I would have taken their order nd then told them that they're the lucky winner who gets their food free. "Just tell the clerk who you are and that you don't have to pay."

Would love to see the ensuing hilarity.

Comment

I have 5 level 70 chars, a 61 and a 63 in WoW - but I haven't played much recently, since I bought an Xbox360. Total time played, 400 days.

Comment

Quoth Crosshair View Post
                OH, I see, the area code. Yea, don't have that problem here. The entire STATE of North Dakota is the 701 area code. You only have to use it if calling long distance. (As a way to acknowledge that you understand you will be charged long distance.) Most cell phones in the area here use the 218 area code, but since all the prefixes for the 218 area code aren't used in the local 701 calling area, calls are automatically routed to the 218 code so you don't have to punch it in for that either.
                Back in high school, Arizona was one area code, 602. Easy enough. Then they split Arizona into two area codes, 602 and 540. And then it just started going nuts. And 602 kept shrinking and shrinking. As I said, first it was the whole state...then half the state....then the Phoenix metro area....at this point it is just Phoenix proper, or maybe even just downtown Phoenix. (My home town of Tempe, right next to Phoenix, is now 480.)

Of course, things like this will happen when:
                --it's the fastest growing state.
                --it's the fastest growing city.
                --it contains the largest university (by enrollment) in the nation.
                --the city become the sixth largest (about to be fifth) in the entire country.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

For years, there was one area code (412) for Pittsburgh and most of the surrounding counties. Then the cellphone/fax machine explosion started, and numbers simply started running out. Area code 412 now covers Pittsburgh and Allegheny County, with code 724 for everything else in SW PA. We also have an 898 code too, but I have yet to see that anywhere.
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

In our last neighborhood, when we got our new phone number, it use to belong to a lawyer and was still listed as his number in the phone book. You can imagine the headache that caused.

When was the last time you called a law office and the person answered with a "hello"?

Most people were very understanding and apologized, except for one man. He called every single week and accused me of not letting him speak to his lawyer.

It was funny at first, but got annoying real fast, so I finally told him that he was right, his lawyer was hiding from him, because the lawyer thought the man was a lying scum bag and refused to deal with a client who was such a lying bastard. The man never called back.

The funniest call was a woman calling for a convent, she heard my little guy crying in the back ground and stammered out that she had the wrong number.
                    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Working...
                    X