Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the flip, am I a walking pheromone factory or something?!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the flip, am I a walking pheromone factory or something?!!!

Normally, I'm..well..normal and only get the occasional guy flirting with me. Now all of the sudden I have A FRIGGEN MAN MOB AT WORK!!!
    We recently hired a bunch of noobs and in each group lays a guy crushing on me :/

Group 1: a BIIIGGGGG black guy who doesn't talk. He is always watching me. Like, I'll glance over and he's always there...staring...creepily... One day, I was eating lunch and I glanced up from my book to see him staring at me from the doorway. He took off and I haven't noticed him following me to lunch since. He never talked to me once, although he did stick his number on my desk (written on a slip of paper with what looked like a conversation scribbled all over). I tossed it (after he left. I'm not that mean) and ignored it. He still stares tho....

Group 2: A coworkers son. He's 3 years younger, doesn't have a car or a license, wants to join the army for college, and is immature. All negatives in my book. For reasons unknown, he has a huge crush on me. Two days ago, I was walking to lunch and almost ran into him. Apparently, he changed his break time to match mine and waited around the corner for me! Then he chatted me up and invited himself to sit with me to chat me up some more. When I walked away, he followed and started asking about my boyfriends.
    Me: No no boyfriend because I don't have time for one.
    Creeper: You should get one!
    Me: Nope. No thanks. I'm too busy for a personal life. I have no life.
    Creeper: We should have no life together!
    Me: Nope. I'm boring.
    Creeper: We should be boring together some time!
    Me: Nope. Oh back to work!
    Then before he left, he came to my desk. I was listening to music so I left my headphones in, waved bye, and went back to work. He PULLED AN EARBUD OUT OF MY EAR and asked "Have you been thinking"?
    Me: (struggling not to flip my lid and choak the kid) I've been WORKING.
    Creeper: Have you been thinking about us?
    Me: (THERE IS NO US!!!!!) Us?
    Creeper: You know.
    Me: No. I don't.
    Creeper: Don't make me say it
    Me: Say what?
    Creeper: Do you want to be my girlfriend?
    Me: No, sorry. I don't have time for a relationship.
    Creeper: Awe ok. I'll ask again later! Byeeeee!
    Me: (LATER?!!! NO! NO LATER! NEVER!!!)
    Today, he followed me to lunch again and talked my ear off again. This time, he left before me, giving me a few moments peace to eat.
    Creeper: I gotta go back now.
    Me: M'kay.
    Creeper: I'd stay if I could cuz you know I'd LOVE to stay to talk to YOUUUU!
    Me: Nnn.
    Creeper: You ever have a boyfriend before?
    Me: Yup. Had one, didn't like it.
    Creeper: You should try again! Like, sooon!
    Me: No thanks. I like being single.
    Creeper: I WAS HINTING AT THIS GUY, *points* ME, BY THE WAY!!!
    Me: Yeah, I figured.

And when I was getting my lunchbox, I turned around to see Creeper with his phone up at me.
    Creeper: Awwweee you moved and ruined it! *shows pic of me on his phone*
    Me: DELETE IT. NOOOWWW.
    Creeper: Awweeee whhyyyyyy?!!!
    Me: I don't like people having pictures of me on their phones. NOW.
    Creeper: Okiedokieeeee!!!
    Me:

Apparently, a bunch of trainee guys saw me in the hall and now like me. I CAN'T TAKE IT!!! I'M GONNA LOSE IT IF THIS DOESN'T STOP!!!!!
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

As to the first guy, not sure what to do about him. Second guy's a co-worker's son, you say? Tell co-worker.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

I...am so sorry for you. I have one of those guys at work, and he doesn't even bat an eyelash when I mention that I HAVE A BOYFRIEND (obnoxious hinting there). I don't know if he doesn't get it, or what, but he's extremely chipper. And only. To. Me. He's obnoxious, airheaded, tells not-funny jokes ("Hyuk, it's free!") every five seconds, and generally is WAY too fscking young for me to even look at him. He's some ditsy teenager who for some God-awful reason thinks I'm either needing a friend (when in fact I'm trying not to smack him for being stupid), or is actually attracted to me. I'm hoping the last option is a lie, and he's just being an obnoxiously cheerful brat.
      My only regret is that I don't have a better word for "F@#k You".

Comment

At this point, to them, you're playing hard to get.

Just tell them, in no uncertain terms, that you are not now, nor will you be in the foreseeable future, interested in them in any conceivable manner and that they need to stop bothering you.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Kisa, you're gonna have to hit dude #2 over the head with a clue-hammer and hard. Hints don't work on this guy.
          "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

If it doesn't stop mention it to supervision. Once is a reasonable request but continuing to bother you when you have declined the offer of friendship,date,whatever is sexual harassment. You DO NOT have to tolerate it nor do you have to put up with your lunch break being ruined every farking day. I feel for you.

Comment

If #2 keeps it up, report his ass. He needs to know/learn that what he is doing is not acceptable.

I had one guy at the last place I worked who would try and hit on me all the freaking time, even after I told him I was married (hubby worked there too). It came to an end when I started talking to my husband (dude didn't know it was my hubby) at work about how he was going to "Rock my world and damn the old man". My husband is 6'3", 250, ex-Ranger who doesn't take shit. The guy didn't even make eye contact after the "talk" with my husband, and was fired shortly there after. It was great.

Comment

Rule #1: If you don't like it, say so. Tell them, and not subtly, that you aren't interested and they need to stop.

No "I don't have time"
                No "I have a boyfriend"
                No "I like being single"

Otherwise, be prepared for them to keep doing it until it drives you crazy.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Something definitely needs to done about guy #2. What he's doing is sexual harassment. This should go to management, not your co-worker...he'll most likely only defend him.

Comment

Subtle never works for this sort of person.

You have to say 'No.'

They will ask why. They always do. They're trying to get you to come up with some reason for the 'no' that they can negate.

You have to stay firm. "No." "Because I said so." "No, and go away." "If you don't leave right now I will call the police/our supervisor/some other authority."
                    Seshat's self-help guide:
                    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Fear not Kisa, I don't think you're a walking pheremone factory, you're just attractive but surrounded by creepers

But yeah head to HR and report guy #2, he's harrassing you, potentially interfering with your work and taking pictures of you without your knowledge, yeah I'd have knocked him the hell out myself for being so creepy.
                      I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                        Subtle never works for this sort of person.

You have to say 'No.'

They will ask why. They always do. They're trying to get you to come up with some reason for the 'no' that they can negate.

You have to stay firm. "No." "Because I said so." "No, and go away." "If you don't leave right now I will call the police/our supervisor/some other authority."
                        Everything that has been said here.

If you say "I have a boyf" then this becomes a challenge, never leave them any ambiguity in your message - you may think you're being polite but all you're doing (unintentionally I might add) is making them think they have a chance. I'm not suggesting that you should be outright rude but telling them 'No - because I said no' is perfectly acceptable.
                        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
                          Kisa, you're gonna have to hit dude #2 over the head with a clue-hammer and hard. Hints don't work on this guy.
                          Yep....and it seems this guy is a deadly combination of persistent and fucking stupid!
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                            At this point, to them, you're playing hard to get.

Just tell them, in no uncertain terms, that you are not now, nor will you be in the foreseeable future, interested in them in any conceivable manner and that they need to stop bothering you.

^-.-^
                            My problem is I alwyas try not to step on any toes, so I try to be as nice as possible. Thus, why I've been saying I didn't want a bf. I'm nervous about telling him he isn't my type because both of my current stalkers are black. I don't want "I don't like you; you aren't my type" to be twisted into "I'm a racist bitch who hates black people".
                            Edit: They are the only black males in the office also. This is a job I plan on keeping for a few years and I don't want enemies. Not to mention, I have to walk past Creepers desk to get anywhere :/

Quoth 24601 View Post
                            If #2 keeps it up, report his ass. He needs to know/learn that what he is doing is not acceptable.

I had one guy at the last place I worked who would try and hit on me all the freaking time, even after I told him I was married (hubby worked there too). It came to an end when I started talking to my husband (dude didn't know it was my hubby) at work about how he was going to "Rock my world and damn the old man". My husband is 6'3", 250, ex-Ranger who doesn't take shit. The guy didn't even make eye contact after the "talk" with my husband, and was fired shortly there after. It was great.
                            This is why I like tall guys Big, tall guys aren't the type to be messed with
                            Last edited by Kisa; 04-05-2012, 02:53 PM.
                            Answers: $1
                            Correct Answers: $2
                            Answers that require thought: $5
                            Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

I'm going to have to agree with many others and say - Go to HR - explain that you've tried being nice but you have not wavered in your instance that you are not interested - and find out from them what the next step is.
                              I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Working...
                              X