Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you ever hexedit the cursor icon to alter the hot spot so clicks only work about half the time? That was a hoot.

Rapscallion

Comment

You're absolutely Dreamstalker. I used to do that in the old days, I can remember the "hard-drive washer" prank. I loved pulling that one. For you young'in, there was a trick to spining and stop spinning the hard-drive to make it sound like a dishwasher machine (back then hard drives were alittle loud). The screen would have a nice message "Washing hard drive, please wait until done...."
      I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

warning: bad language ahead.

Back when both my husband, J, and I were working at Kinko's, we had a co- worker who would push off customers on someone else in a heartbeat. At the time, J was a typesetter. We tried very hard to avoid bothering the typsetter with stuff that could be handled a the counter, like order taking and whatnot. But this one coworker, R, kept bugging J while he was trying to work with dumb stuff that J (and the other typesetters) shouldn't have had to deal with.

So one evening, when the store was pretty much empty, J called R on the phone from his desk. R picked it up.

J: (heavy, uptight Asian accent.) Uh, I need to talk to someone about resume.
        R:You need a resume typed up?
        J: Yes, good, I want a resume made. Need to talk to typesetter.
        R. Okay. (at this point, R should have just tried to take the "customer's" order. That was his job to take orders, not foist the customer off on the typesetters. ) Hey, J, can you come to the phone?
        J: Sure. (gets up and stalks with an irritated air to the phone, and takes it out of R's hand.
        J: Yes? This is typesetting. Oh, really? (pause.) Okay. I understand. (pause. ) Okay, how about this? Fuck you.
        R:
        J:Oh, is that what you think? No, guess what? I have a better idea. Fuck you. No, FUCK YOU.
        R: (staring at J on the phone, utterly and completely stunned.)
        J: No. No, I hope you die. Fuck off. Prick. (Slams down phone. It falls off the cradle. He pick it up and slams it down into the cradle repeatedly.)

He then stalks off, goes back to his desk, sits down, and resumes working as it nothing happened.

R, on the other hand, is still staring, face totally transfixed with apprehension, arms down at sides. I think he thought he was witnessing J have a nervous breakdown.

We eventually told him that the asian businessman on the phone was actually J messing with him, but for the rest of the night, he had a hard time getting over his shock.

Comment

Oh you guys are all so mean! I never played a prank on anyone, I couldn't bring myself to do it, even if i wanted to.

I had many pranks done to me though, especially once all my co-workers realised how gullible I am, lol. They made the most of it - damn them all!

One that I remember well was when my coworker came up to me with a worried look on his face and said "I just read that complaint that customer made about you. I can't believe they stuck it up on the wall of the staffroom, it's so mean, are you okay?"

I was like "Huh?? What do you mean, what complaint?? Someone complained about me? Why, what did I do?" I was on the verge of tears, I was racking my brain trying to think of what i'd done wrong.

I think he was going to keep going with teasing me, but realised how upset I was getting, and said not to worry cause he just made it all up!
          I ride the time, it unfolds a new day,
          another time, this world would fade away
          To find true love, is like no other joy,
          our choice is here
          be happy for today

Comment

Quoth LostMyMind View Post
            The screen would have a nice message "Washing hard drive, please wait until done...."
            That is awesome. Sadly, the days of walking drives were before my time, but my dad had some fun with them. Come to think of it, were I in MIT at that time, I would have probably been involved in quite a few of the more famous hacks.
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I don't know if I still have my 10 to 15 pound 10Meg hard-drive or not. But I doubt I can get that sucker to "walk". That's alot of weight to overcome.
              I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Quoth Cyanocobalamin View Post
                The night stocker R stuck an EAS tag somewhere on me one day. So of course I beeped going out the door,
                I'm not a fan of this gag. This one has the nasty problem of people being fired.

When I first started, I rode my bike to and from work and would put it in the warehouse for safekeeping. One night, the entertainment staff went and attached 4 tags on my bike. I started taking the bus at this point so I wasn't going to ride my bike very often. I set off the alarm going out. The manager waved me out without a problem. I found one tag and took it off.

Fast foward 3 years, I'm now responsible for the area these tags are mostly used in, store security is tighter, and the merch sup is just itching to have me fired and/or arrested.

I'm in a situation where I need to ride my bike to work. Beautiful day, so I don't think much of it. I walk my bike through the doors and set the alarm off. I have to explain to two managers what the situation was, take off another tag on my bike, and walk it to the staff room. (easier storage). Set off the alarm to that hallway. Explain to Another manager and take off a third tag! I go about work and end my shift and grab my bike to go home. I set off the entrance alarm AGAIN (avoided setting off the hallway alarm) and pull off the FOURTH tag! Another manager to tell and I check for any other tags.

Had the merch sup been there, I would have lost my job and would have to explain to the police what happened. Because of this, I don't think it's a very funny joke, especially when someone can get fired because of it.
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I can see where that might get kinda old kinda fast. Cute gag, but I imagine it's been done a few times.

I stuck a good, old fashioned post it note on our sales manager's back one morning. Didn't set off any alarms, but it said "I suck." proudly in nice black sharpie.

He walked around for at least two hours out in self serve before the store manager saw it and pulled it off.

Somehow, I was at the top of his list of suspects. Imagine that.

Comment

I wish the guy who TP'd my car last summer was still around.

I really, really want to pallet wrap his car, preferrably just before it's supposed to rain for the rest of the day/night.

Comment

Two workers got me good Saturday. There were 3 people on that afternoon. Me, the photo tech, and the cashier. I was stuck there until 9. The tech and cashier were leaving at 4. The two coming on to replace them like to mess with me. I got a call at 4:05, it was S (the tech coming in). He said that he was with B (cashier) and they were going to be late because B's Dads truck brokedown.

After I hung up I went to the photo lab to tell K she needed to stay late when the 2 weasels walked in the front door laughing. I rolled up the sales flyer that happened to be in my hand at the time and hit S (who was still holding his cell phone) in the head. They're both on the lookout now, they know revenge is coming.
                      "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Anonymous

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual." - Dr. House

Comment

Two of the service desk coworkers and I played a prank on one of the office employees last night. One of the coworkers and I (other coworker called to have us do this prank) put all of the coupons unsorted in a bag so the office employee could do it this morning which is something that ticks him off.
                        My Fanfic Page
                        My Fiction Page
                        My Social Group
                        My Pet Social Group
                        My You Tube Channel

Comment

When we need more people on the checkouts, the supervisor there talks on the headset to the guy on customer services and tells them the names that they need to announce on the tannoy to come and help. One of the guys there is a bit..well, simple. Always gets me in giggles when they play a prank and get him to announce names such as "Teresa Green" or "Amanda Love" or "Joe King"

Comment

Quoth cheese View Post
                            Always gets me in giggles when they play a prank and get him to announce names such as "Teresa Green" or "Amanda Love" or "Joe King"
                            Maybe I'm just being slow tonight but "Teresa Green"?

Comment

Quoth PhotoChick View Post
                              Maybe I'm just being slow tonight but "Teresa Green"?
                              T., Green ... ?
                              Like Jean Luc Picard's famous beverage? Tea, Earl Gray, hot.
                              Possibly?
                              Or: Tears a Green?
                              Last edited by Imogene; 09-11-2006, 03:38 AM. Reason: Not sure
                              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Any employee who has us install an alarm or remote start into their personal vehicle is always at risk for a prank. The old standby is wiring up a relay so their brake pedal also becomes their horn switch.

I sometimes cut a screw in half, then stick the pointy end onto the exterior of the car with a bit of caulk. It looks exactly like someone drove a screw through the roof, or the hood, or whatever. Then we let them notice it when they pick the car up.

When we were first opening one of our stores, we had a pedestal in the middle of the speaker room with a 100 CD changer inside to play demo songs for the speakers. There was a touchpad on the top to let customers select CDs to hear. One of my coworkers was setting it up, and didn't realize I was hiding behind a nearby gondola with the remote for the CD player. I'd keep pausing the player, then starting it again when he whirled around to stare at it, then pausing it the instant he turned away. I literally had him tearing out his hair after about ten minutes.
                                Lack of freedom can be measured directly by lack of stupid. --Penn Jillette

Comment

Working...
                                X