• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets see:

Reading
    Playing video games
    surfing the web

At a couple different extremely slow gas stations, I would actually doze off now and then when I worked an overnight. In my defense I would be done cleaning everything in the entire store at least 5 hours hours before the end of my shift.

Comment

- Copied an entire out-of-print book on the office copier (481 pages)

- Spend a good part of my day at this job surfing the net and playing games

- Mailed personal mail with company postage

- Worked on an SCA newsletter on company time and company computer. For about four months running . . .

- Once did a SO on *his boss's* desk (no issues there, huh?)

Comment

Well let's see here there are some many things that I do on the clock,

Surfing the web
        Writing emails
        Playing games
        Reading
        Paying bills
        Locking up for that all important ice cream run in the middle of the afternoon
        Making personal phone calls
        Using company postage
        Eating yummy chinese bought by company
        Getting paid to eat previously mentioned yummy chinese
        Smoke inside the building
        Leave notes for my bosses in pig latin and wingdings
        Calling my bosses homes and leaving messages that arent work related (ie Hi, boss its me, just wanted to say hi, talk to you later, bye)
        Copy, fax and print all kinds of personal stuff

Thats off the top of my head, and yes my bosses know that I do this, its great to have bosses who are easy going and as long as the work gets done they are happy.

Oh, just remembered

Went to the local mexican place with a co worker for a couple of pitchers of mararitas, left a note on the door saying we would be back at 1:00, I believe it was more like 3 when we got back
        Last edited by jashme; 06-17-2008, 11:15 PM. Reason: added more

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
          - Copied an entire out-of-print book on the office copier (481 pages)

- Spend a good part of my day at this job surfing the net and playing games

- Mailed personal mail with company postage

- Worked on an SCA newsletter on company time and company computer. For about four months running . . .

)
          Holy crap, are you me?

Although I didn't work on The Scarf (SCA Rapier Fighters newsletter) on the company computers, I did run it all off, collate it, fold it, staple it, and mail it from Kinkos.

Not only did we copy a huge out of print book, but we reprinted that sucker something like 10+ times. It was a big fat ancient childrens' book of everything. And everyone wanted it. It was like a phone book. We also copied a wok cookbook I had about the same number of times. Then I copied the rules book to TSR's Boot Hill game, and an out of print book about the Pony Express. Handouts for Boot Hill players. Wine lables off the color copier. Maps.

I'm suprised they didn't think the stockroom was on fire down there.

Oh, and I never did anyone at work.

I've already posted my more memorable bad things I've done

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...l+25#post93163

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...l+25#post90436

Some of the guys did this thing that if a crazy person came in with something entertaining, they would copy it. Illegal, yes, I know. In fact, (funny how things work out) I just actually FOUND one of these crazy manifestos in a box of old stuff over the weekend. I typed it in googledocs because being the filthy sicko that I am, I wanted to spam it to all the other RecoveringKinkoids I hang out with who remember it.

Yes, sometimes I don't use my time wisely. Like now.

Submitted for your approval...look, quit reading now and skip over the blue part if you are easily offended, it's filthy.

THIS IS A UNIVERSAL MESSAGE FOR ALL PEOPLE THAT WANT TO DO RIGHT

Actually, there was a long, filthy rant about oral sex here, but I realized later that in some twisted way, I might violate our copyright rules here, so I removed it. If you want it, I'll send it in a PM, but it just occured to me that the mods might not appreciate me posting something I didn't write and don't own. Sorry.But it does start and end like this.

COURTESY OF THE RIGHTEOUS
          Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 06-17-2008, 08:57 PM. Reason: added warning

Comment

At school:

When substitute instructor finished giving the test and realized he had nothing else for us and 3 hours of class to go, asked us for suggestions and mine was: "I know it's only 10 am, but I would not be opposed to a beer run". My suggestion, although approved of, was not implemented. Dammit.

At work:

Used company computer for every personal use in creation

Closed the office and used office phone to talk dirty to my then SO

Used the display TV (new lease incentive) to watch Price is Right, and play along

Eaten all the candy

Rooted through desks for quarters, which I either replaced with other change or snitched outright to do my laundry

Eaten my lunch at my desk and used my lunch hour to nap in the models

Participated in, and won a wet t-shirt contest

Mooned my boss

There's more, including a whole bunch from when I worked doing dirty text chat from home, but that's for another time
            "I've never had a heart attack, but it isn't for my son's lack of trying." - Me

Comment

Okay, what? I'm 19 and I haven't done this stuff, I thought the teenagers were supposed to be the irresponsible ones. I'm usually working when I'm at work. Except at the video store, where I socialize when I can and draw when it's slow. That's only because I know I'm still doing more work then most other people working there.

As for school though, I was one of the good kids, so I have a short list.

Tried to unlock a door using a paper-clip
              Unlocked a door using a pair of scissors
              Drew pictures during class time
              Cracked wise about Stalin during History
              Put boxes full of questionable content on my teacher's desk
              Made a teacher eat something made in the commons area
              Slept
              Bitched about a fellow student
              Wrote a letter to my grandparents
              Wrote a shopping list
              Pitched woo at teachers and/or students
              Played Antarctica, heads up 7 up, hangman, or knuckles
              Disturbed the students around me
              Planned out what I would name my future roommate

And yeah. Not a whole lot. I may have also suggested a beer run, as the liquor store was only a few minute walk away.

Comment

When I was training Daddy DipShit, I had that training journal that maras and a few other CSers suggested I start, and on a different sheet of paper I wrote really, really awful things. Things I cannot post here.....didn't really have time to draw pictures and I was in such a scramble that my handwriting was so messy that I couldn't really re-read it. It's still in my locker at work.

I made grocery lists and "to do" lists....

Not really very naughty......but I will admit that even though it wasted time and production, if one of my bad trainees was getting me to the point where I was about to blow, I would go talk to someone. It was actually beneficial, because I'd calm down and could vent without getting in trouble. If I were kept in that same spot and stayed that mad, I would have gone off and probably gotten fired for things I could have said.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Here's a hint:

^That's me working as Assistant Manager of a huge single-screen movie theater. I started as an usher out of high school but was promoted to AM, which was a pretty big deal considering I was only 17-18 and became the Manager when the real Manager was away which was half the time. I had a lot of responsibilities (starting with running the projector, accounting, staff, etc..) -- but virtually no living expenses so I spent all my money on my burgeoning cocaine addiction. Naturally things got out of control and I started doing the shit at work, and if you know anything about coke you know it only lasts about 40 minutes until you crash and have to do more. I even remember taking some high-grade Ecstasy at work; (and starting movies for a big crowd in that state was like launching the first manned rocket into space: "Ignition sequence on, 5..4..3..2..1...GO!")
                  I'm not particularly proud of it and that part of my life is over -- though I turned out to be a pretty good manager and somehow never missed a day of work despite becoming completely strung out. On the plus side the theater has a gigantic, high-quality sound system which was connected to a CD player -- so often while the employees were cleaning the theater I'd put on some better music than the crap we were supposed to be playing; and always at the end of the night when I was closing down I'd blast some of my favorite music and rock out. I always wanted to host a secret party there overnight but the seats would've gotten in the way.

Comment

Quoth Applerod View Post
                    I always wanted to host a secret party there overnight but the seats would've gotten in the way.
                    Seats can be taken care of with a few power screwdrivers with the appropriate socket-heads and piled up to the side. Just have to remember to put them back after you clean up.

Why no, I've never done anything like that before in my life. Why do you ask?
                    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                      Why no, I've never done anything like that before in my life. Why do you ask?
                      Well done. *taps nose

Comment

In my previous job, back on the overnight at Pageboy, every night would basically amount to watch cartoons or movies, read comics, play games, surf the net, speak to my wife-to-be for a few hours on the phone (she in America, me in Ireland), and occasionally, play darts with the bulletin board...

Comment

That pic of the dude in the pile of blow about killed me. Man. A picture really is worth a thousand words, isn't it? Nice illustration!

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                            THIS IS A UNIVERSAL MESSAGE FOR ALL PEOPLE THAT WANT TO DO RIGHT

Actually, there was a long, filthy rant about oral sex here, but I realized later that in some twisted way, I might violate our copyright rules here, so I removed it. If you want it, I'll send it in a PM, but it just occured to me that the mods might not appreciate me posting something I didn't write and don't own. Sorry.But it does start and end like this.

COURTESY OF THE RIGHTEOUS
                            You gotta read this. It's great. I may keep a copy in my wallet just to read when I need a giggle.
                            "I've never had a heart attack, but it isn't for my son's lack of trying." - Me

Comment

Surfed the internet (according to my last boss, that was "bad" as I wasn't watching ebay constantly), as well as checking my own ebay account.

Listened to music while I was in the dungeon.

Dared to eat lunch.

Used the store camera to take ebay photos for personal use (the minis I was selling on my own at the time).

The "dungeon" wall had a large hole near the ceiling opening into the foundation; I would be battling all sorts of fun crawlies. Also down there we had one of the huge D&D Miniatures Dragons that someone had ripped open to look at (the windows in the box giving a full view weren't good enough apparently) so it couldn't be sold and had already been written off. I took the dragon and stationed it up there looking out into the office, attaching some scraps of sparkly fabric and iridescent mylar to cover the hole (intent was for it to look like some sort of dimensional doorway). That lasted about a month before I got complained at.
                              Last edited by Dreamstalker; 06-18-2008, 06:22 PM.
                              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Stole a kickball.

Dated a coworker.

Slept on the clock.

Got loads and I mean loads of free food. (It helps to know half the kitchen staff)

That's about it.

Also, RK, could you please send me the link via PM?
                                The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Working...
                                X