This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth greek_jester View Post
    I'm a woman and I just crossed my legs. Poor cat!
    Not a pleasant site to watch, BUT he did "respect" her a lot better from then on.

Another female of ours (years later) got pissed off at one of her male offspring and did a smackdown on him, bit him and took a small notch out of his ear.
    Last edited by Racket_Man; 07-08-2015, 06:12 AM.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I'm afraid I'd have handed off the pumping to a family member and gone to look at the guy who made the comment. I'd have then said loudly, "I don't see you using your dick to fill the tank! What's the matter? Not big enough or were you premature?"

I took after my mom. If it's a comment about something we are doing, it's a pretty safe bet that they aren't using their penis to do it either. If they are.. that's a whole other issue.
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

It would've blown this guy's mind the first time my husband and I went to a gas station here in town; Hubs had just moved from Oregon where you can't pump your own gas and, after making some initial smart-ass macho-man comment, had to sheepishly ask me to get out and show him how to use the pump.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I'm reminded of the time I was at my parents' house, my car's hood lifted and me bent over the compartment. All I was doing was changing the headlight bulb but I had no less than three men (one of whom was my pastor at the time) slow down and ask if I needed help. Thank you but I *can* change a light bulb!

(Never mind the fact that I can also change my own oil, brakes, fuel/oil/air filters, and successfully diagnosed and fixed an airflow issue with my car that I was told by a mechanic friend that most mechanics would overlook. So yes, a light bulb is definitely not a problem for me.)

Comment

Quoth Kaylyn View Post

(Never mind the fact that I can also change my own oil, brakes, fuel/oil/air filters, and successfully diagnosed and fixed an airflow issue with my car that I was told by a mechanic friend that most mechanics would overlook. So yes, a light bulb is definitely not a problem for me.)
            I do most of my own work. There's a repair that needs to be done right now that I'm going to have to get help with, not because I can't do the work, but because I lack a particular piece of equipment and a flat place to work. The piece of equipment is NOT a piece of my anatomy. I need and engine jack. The rear main seal has a leak, and to get to it I have to lift the engine out and partially drop the transmission. We keep planning on going to bf's BIL's house to do it, but that involves a six hour drive. BIL is a mechanic and has generously offered me the use of his garage and tools. This is the kind of help I appreciate! (Also, the time he decided to buy the parts I needed to do something else, because it needed to be done and I was putting it off because I didn't have the money. He called the parts store near me that I prefer and paid for them over the phone so I could pick them up. That was also appreciated.)
            At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Jeezus H. Frog. That sort of mentality is just bullshit these days. I know several guys who don't know how to check their fluid levels in their cars, let along even top those fluids off - one freaked out when I stopped for gas while driving his van for him one day and checked and filled anything that needed it. He thought that only a mechanic could do any of that. What sheltered lives some people lead, I swear. And I know how to use more tools than my dad does - he's got doubles and triples of things he's got no idea what they're used for, and when I try to show him he just brushes me off...even though I've used most of them at job sites in the past, and he really has no use for but has to have them because it's a 'guy thing'.

*sigh*

Comment

Quoth Kaylyn View Post
                I'm reminded of the time I was at my parents' house, my car's hood lifted and me bent over the compartment. All I was doing was changing the headlight bulb but I had no less than three men (one of whom was my pastor at the time) slow down and ask if I needed help.
                This reminds me of a time when I was driving down a multi-lane road and there was a truck stalled in the middle lane. There were three guys and one gal there. The three guys were standing watching around while the gal was up and leaning in the engine compartment, feet in the air, tinkering with whatever under the hood.
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                  ...three guys were standing watching around while the gal was up and leaning in the engine compartment, feet in the air, tinkering with whatever under the hood.
                  They wuz watchin' ... bunz.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

This is actually why, if I were to ever find a significant other, I would want to learn all I can from her and teach her all I can, to share each other's knowledge. That way, were we to split or one gets severely sick or passes, we'd be damned capable of doing something without necessarily needing the aid of the other.

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                    And here's a newsflash for Mr. Neathdrathal…
                    Um… is this remark racist, or does it not count 'cause Neanderthals are extinct?
                    "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                      Guys like that are another reason why I prefer to be alone.
                      *looks at your profile pic* You don't look very "alone" to me My own kitty is that same golden blonde color yours is! And I did tell me wife (who is the one who turned me into a big time "crazy cat 'lady'"; before then I only liked the kind of Cats that play basketball ) that no matter what else happens in my life I'll always have at least one kitty.

But yeah back to our regularly scheduled program that is so sad that here we are in 2015 and this sort of thing still goes on. I would think car guys would adore a chick who was just as much if not more into cars as they were and those who for whatever reason think less of girls who know their way around cars are fools. Shoot didn't Waylon Jennings in the first Dukes of Hazzard episode mention how Daisy Duke "drives like Richard Petty, shoots like Annie Oakley..."?

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
                        I would think car guys would adore a chick who was just as much if not more into cars as they were and those who for whatever reason think less of girls who know their way around cars are fools.

I've had this go both ways. Some guys, like my current boyfriend, thinks it's sexy as hell, but others have been intimidated by it, or even downright hostile. Those guys didn't last very long.
                        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Anyone know that classic "winners versus losers" inspirational poster you might see in schools (especially in locker rooms)? Well here's the relevant line for this situation:

A winner respects those who are superior to him/her and tries to learn something from them.

A loser resents those who are superior to him/her and tries to find chinks in their armor.

Comment

Quoth Water View Post
                            My mom was filling up her gas tank yesterday, and I heard a man across from her say "Get your husband to do that for you".
                            What century are you in?

When I was working in fast food, a man in his 20's found out that the store manager was female said, "You're working for a woman? I feel sorry for you." Admittedly, she wasn't the easiest boss, but I did have respect for her.
                            This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

I went to Florida State University, which used to be the Florida College for Women. Our arch-rival, the University of Florida, would taunt us by yelling, "You go to a girl's school." We would answer back, "Eat your hearts out."
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Geez they make a "girl's school" sound like a bad thing

Comment

Working...
                                X