This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay "just" 9 bucks to get your winnings

I got a notice in the mail that I had won a substantial amount in a lottery. It CLEARLY said that all I had to do to claim it was to send in $9.00 & it would be mine. So then I thought..."Why don't they just subtract the 9 bucks from these so-called "winnings"? & guess what I did next? YUP! I fed it to my shredder!!....lol.

I got a text message similar to that. They offered me $500, for only one payment of $4.50
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

I don't want to know how many of those are in my spam folder right now.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I got an "urgent" mail claiming to be from GM that my warranty was expiring soon and I needed to send payment immediately for an extended warranty or call their 800 number to sign up for an extended warranty.

Yeah. No. Nice try, though.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I keep getting e-mails from the "webmaster" of my domain saying that my account is going to be closed due to inactivity or being compromised.

Thing is, I'm the webmaster.

I also get this from various people claiming to be in charge of the e-mail, server space, etc. Nice try, but that would be my friend's dad's job (friend and I share the domain name, her father hosts the site and e-mail on his server).

Luckily Gmail now recognizes them as spam and dumps them straight into the Spam folder.
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
            I got a text message similar to that. They offered me $500, for only one payment of $4.50
            All it takes is for one idiot to send a check in to make all of that worth it.

If you send me ten dollars right now I'll tell you how to avoid being ripped off by the people who perpetuate these ruthless scams.

Comment

I keep getting emails from WoW-Support, saying they know I'm selling my WoW account.
              And that's the point where I stop even looking at them.

Firstly: my account hasn't been active in a year, at least.
              Second: When I play, I play on a private server. Selling it will do me no good.
              Third: I haven't tried, ever, to sell my WoW account.
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Oddly, my spam software has started putting all of my CNN alerts in my spam folder... It seemed to start right about the time they were talking about the Nigerian president needing help. Must have been lumped in with all those money laundering scams.

Comment

Working...
                X